Genz Benz GBE-1040-8 Specs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aproud1, Apr 18, 2012.

1. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Have a pair of Genz Benz GBE1040 speakers that came out of an older cab. Have a friend who would like to try to build his own cab so I offered him these speakers to experiment with.

Can't find specs anywhere. Anyone have these? I know they are probably sourced from eminence. But thats about it.

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Specs. are propriatary to us. My suggestion is to look at the cabinet that they came out of to get an idea of what they were intended to be used in.

3. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Ok. Thanks.

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
  5. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Cool. Thanks Bill!

6. LRS_RICK

LRS_RICK

Mar 7, 2013
    Curious how that worked out. Have 4 in an old cab and need to possibly upgrade.
    This cab was definitely home made and purchased in late 90s. Absolutely reliable with an equally dusty HA4000 head. From what Ive seen on the drivers They are 8ohm and internet research has shown me possibly 327 watt.
    I now need to up the wattage with my new act. Considering an Orange Terror 500 or 1000. It would be nice to know how far I can take it.

7. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Never ended up doing the work. The speakers I pulled had the ratings on them. 100 watts each I think, also pulled the same labeled speakers from a different Genz cab and they were rated 200 watts each. I drove them all with the same amps, Markbass F1 and a Genz GBE600. Never had a problem with any of them.

I will say the one cab I upgraded the speakers to Faitalpro's (they were an older model) and ran the cabinet dimensions in WinISD and it was pretty much a perfect fit. Ended up sounding amazing too. Really.

8. PawleeP

PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    East Coast
    Which faital pros? i know this is an old thread. However i have one here with one or two creased/cracked cones and am trying to fix it for a friend.

9. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    What cab did the GB speakers come out of?

10. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    I think they were 10PR300's but it's been so long I don't remember. They are really pricey now. So I'd be inclined to go with something else.

The tweeter in the cab started crackling, I don't know, 7 or 8 years ago, I disconnected and the cab still sounds great. It's still my buddies main cab and still driven with the same Markbass F1.

Hey Jeff, It was a 210 airhead or combo cab (maybe LS? had the same white from as my LS112). I honestly don't remember what I did with these speakers. I can barely remember what happened last week let alone 9 years back!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    wave rider likes this.
  11. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    Northern KY
    Cab fan, hobbyist
    While we're here and kinda on the subject, (so I don't have to take mine apart) what were the Shuttle 10 cabs loaded with?

12. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    GNX-10250. I have 8 ohm drivers in stock and also have 8 and 16 ohm recone kits in stock.

basscooker likes this.