1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

genz benz gbe 600 in case

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by arginator, Oct 26, 2009.

1. arginator

arginator

Feb 28, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I need to mount my genz benz gbe 600 in a rack case. But the cooling fan is mounted on the side, and I'm concerned that it won't get enough air if its in a rack case. I know this model's been around for awhile, and that its probably not a problem. But I love this amp and just want to make sure. Anyone ever have a problem with this setup? Do I need to cut holes in the side of the rack case for ventilation?

2. My GBE400 is in the same family, and no, there is no need to cut a hole in my 2-space GB case. Great amp, and I still use it as a main when I use both of my LS112's, but I will be looking into a Shuttle combo at the Genz special event at the Bass Place in 2 weeks. J. Genzler himself will be on-hand.

3. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    you're good to go. Just avoid cloth (soft) rack bags. Sometimes the fabric on those can be sucked into the intake fo the vent.

4. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Also, beware of the plastic racks that have the recessed handles that impinge on the air inlet. These (and soft racks) have been a problem for several manufacturers who use side inlet and exhaust. There's no clearance when the handle covers the vents. Check before buying, you need ~1" clear in front of the fan. Most standard racks are no problem.

5. arginator

arginator

Feb 28, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Thanks for the replies! I'll make sure to check the clearance.