1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genz Benz GBE 750 and NEOX 212T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Medford Bassman, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    How many out there use this setup? I do and I love it. I gave serious thought about swapping it out for the NEO PAK 3.5, but after trying them side by side, I just can't give up the headroom and incredible EQ I have.

How many gig with theirs? I so tempted to get another 4 ohm cab and watch this thing explode in sound at 2 ohms.

Karl

2. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    I am hoping to add that can to my GBE600 ASAP. I imagine the 750/212 is an amazing combo. GB is my favorite amp company right now. Way underrated IMO.

3. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    I agree. I'm on a mission to promote GB. THe word definitely needs to get out. I don't think some bassists realize what they're missing.

4. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    I have the 600 and the 212 Neo. It is amazing how much sound comes out of this setup. It gets gigged about once a month and never fails to deliver. In the average pub we play in it has never been turned up more than 1/2 way ..... lots of headroom.

5. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have always wanted to try the GB stuff but there are no dealers around here.

6. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    True that! I just got my GBE-1200 a couple weeks ago, and it is amazing. Currently paired up with a Mesa 212, but I think I'm going to go for one of the Carvin 1503 cabs as soon as I can afford it. Either that or a 410. However, I think I do need to find someplace local that carries the GB 212 with all the good reviews I've been reading.

7. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    How do you like the Mesa 212 cab? Those are Neos in the Mesa 212 but I imagine it's still heavy like all Mesa cabs. How is the tone??

8. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    are you in northern or southern California?