Genz Benz Head and Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Hey everyone.
    First, let me say I basically know NOTHING about amps.
    Well...I need to know what people think of this.
    The cab is a Genz-Benz 4x10
    That is for 649.00 CDN

I was using a GBE 600 Amp with it
    That's 1100.00 CDN.

I was told that a 4x10 is good for a nice punchy high, as opposed to the 2x15, which is good for growly lows.

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of these two both seperate and together. Also if it's a good price!
    Even if any are for sale ;)

Thanks again!

Mark Wilson
  2. Yes, absoulutely yes. Genz Benz is some top drawer stuff. First rate products and customer service. You won't regret it.
  3. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    I don't know about the prices, there are no dealers around here that carry anything besides 1 tiny combo. I paid $650 US for my GBE600 used, do not know if that was a good price, but I think it's the best $650 I've spent on any equipment regardless. Great amp, loud, versatile, reliable and great sounding. With any new amp I like to try it with the EQ set at 12:00 or "flat" and adjust it from there to get the sound I like the best. With this one, I left it set that way, didn't need to adjust it at all to get a great sound. Can't say enough good things about it, and the company is great too, awesome customer service even when I've emailed them about discontinued amps.
  4. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I will say this. The white backwalls is the coolest idea ever. There cabinets are awesome
  5. I can tell you the EQ section on that amp is incredible, you can dial in nearly *ANY* tone you wish!

The GBE600 is on my shopping list :bassist:
  6. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    That looks like a killer setup, better than most of the stuff people around here buy, go for it.
  7. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    It was incredible! Darrin, (the guy helping at the store) cranked it, and it barely started clipping. Then he plugged a 2x15 into it as well. So it was 2x15 and 4x10 and I believe 600 Watts of power. And Turned it up again (not full) and it was JUST starting to clip. I fell in love.
  8. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution
    it doesn't sound like you were even scratching the surface of what the GBE600 can do.

The Live Series "LS410T" you played it through is an 8 ohm cab. With an 8 ohm load, the GBE600 is putting out only 275 watts. The GBE600 will run safely all day long at 2 ohms. At that load it puts out 625 watts. These watts are rated extremely conservatively. At 2 ohms you wouldn't get anywhere near to cranking it and your clipping problem would go away.

I'm glad you liked our product though.

Kindest Regards,
    Roger Hart
  9. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Genz Benz gear is top shelf.

You got yourself one hell of a good rig there that will last you a long long time.