1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genz Benz- I'm now a believer.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joe.shaffer, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Joe.shaffer

Joe.shaffer

Nov 25, 2008
    Cabot, AR
    So I was at my show last night and the guy in the band before us had a little Shuttle 6.0 2x10 combo. I knew they sounded good but wow. The clarity and definition was amazing. It probably helped that the dude was a badass player too. In short, GB will be on my list next time I'm in the market for a new amp.:bassist:

2. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    I played through a GB 600 head and their neo212T......that cab is UNREAL.......it moves air and hits you in the chest. I loved my GB 4x10XB.........one of the ones that got away..........

3. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    The G.B. amps are great, but I've got to ask, was the combo running through the P.A.?
    If it was, what you were probably hearing out front was the P.A. / soundman's mix and not the direct sound of the combo.
    A 2-10" cabinet will only go so far.

4. Joe.shaffer

Joe.shaffer

Nov 25, 2008
    Cabot, AR
    Small room last night, no PA support for any of the instruments.

5. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    So far I am VERY impressed with the Neo-Pak 3.5 I recently acquired. Not as micro as the other amps on the market, but I have the ability to run at 2 ohms; how do you like me now MarkBass.:bassist:

6. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I'll have to check out this G.B. combo!!!
    "EVERY" 2-10 combo or cabinet I've ever tried were pretty much near-field monitors and wouldn't come close to cutting it in a live band setting.

7. Joe.shaffer

Joe.shaffer

Nov 25, 2008
    Cabot, AR
    I feel the need to explain to everyone that volume was not really a factor last night. I had no trouble filling the room with my Yorkie XS400 and MB 2x10. It was a smallish room (150-200 people tops, not anything close to that number in there last night) that was set up for live music. Though, looking at the specs, I'm sure the GB gets quite loud.

8. I just received my shuttle 6.0 and all I have to say is why haven't I tried this earlier its a fantastic amp

now I am a believer too

now all Im gas'n over is their cabs

9. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    I've been playing Genz for years for just the reasons you mentioned. Welcome :)

10. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I've been playing a Genz Benz for about a month now. I have mixed emotions about it right now. It puts out a pretty good amount of bottom end for a 2x10 and crisp highs.

I'm still reserving judgement on them because I think it's my Ibanez SR535 that's making me unhappy with a couple of aspects of the amp, primarily something in the tone of the low end and mid range.

I'm going to try it with some different basses to see if that changes it and I have a feeling it will.

But overall I still have to give Genz Benz a thumbs up for overall quality.

11. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Their cabs, like the Ubers are also really top notch, too. I chose an Uber 212 over an Epifani UL 212, Mesa PH 212, and the GB NeoX 212.