Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Genz Benz Intro 50 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bizzaro, Sep 5, 2002.

1. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Genz Benz Intro 50?? Any body use this amp? I am looking to get a practice amp and am considering this amp. I have done a search and find "all positive" comments on Genz Benz but nothing specific to the Intro 50? I am also considering the Fender Bassman 25 which seems to be, for what it is, in class by itself. A kick ass little practice amp.

2. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Bump! Any comments!

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i played one at the bass palace and i personally like it a lot better than the bassman. better price too... it was definitely one of the better smaller-sized amps i've played ...

4. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Thanks. Was it the tone cause the Bassman is loaded with nifty features? I played a Bassman 25 and for what it is, I liked it. The portability is crazy. This thing practically fits in your pocket, has tons of features, and sounds decent. What was the price on the GENZ BENZ?

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    it was $289.00 at the bass palace.
    the 25 wasn't that bad but i'd rather something that is simple and sounds good. i am usually pretty efficient with such things but i had a hard time with the fender. it had too much crap on it that didn't do much.

6. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Thanks again. I guess what really got me a bout the Bassman 25 was it's sound relitive to it's size. It wasn't phenominal, but really surprisingly respectable tone for such a tiny amp. I can't try out the Genz Benz here as the store that used to carry them has dropped them.

Anyone else played through the Genz Benz Intro 50:confused:

7. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Nope, I do have a GB ML200-112T and ML-112T (135W predecessor to the ML200) and have been happy with their construction/quality/sound. I haven't played the Intro series but wanted to at least chime in with a positive on my GB experiences (I've seen both positive and negative experiences here at TB).

8. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Thanks Craig,
    Actually when I did a search I found your positive comments on the G B. Thanks for taking the time though;)

9. Dagger

Dagger

Aug 2, 2002
    North Carolina
    I am saving up money right now to buy either the Intro 50 or Intro 90. In my opinion, the Intro 50 is a great combo, and I have played it in the store enough to be satisfied. I have not played the Intro 90 because there is not one in stock but soon will be. I've played lots of amps and the genz benz is the best for me. Here in N.C. I can get it for around 320.00 at a small music store (the Intro 50). The quality is exceptional and has a great warranty. I play a Squier P-bass (Indonesian). Have a good day and I'm glad to see other players looking at Genz-Benz!

10. MODELL

MODELL

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Bizzaro & Dagger, I had an Intro90 for about a year. I loved the way that it really maintains the natural sound of my Jazz Bass. I recently traded it on an ML115T because of the higher power. But, I never had a problem with the Intro90 and used it a small clubs for about a year. And, as you can see I stuck with Genz Benz with the ML series.