1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz jack plate?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by topper, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Anybody know where I can source a replacement jack plate for a Genz Benz Shuttle cabinet? I don't mind if it's blank (would actually prefer that) but I don't want to modify the cabinet cutout and would like the screw holes to line up.

They don't seem to be a standard size or screw placement.

Outer dimensions are 4x5.5 and the screw holes are three on each side (top corner, middle, bottom corner).

I can't find anything like it online.

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Wisebass and wave rider like this.
  3. Raf Seibert

Raf Seibert

Dec 16, 2013
    Texas
    Is it just a flat plate? Could you fabricate it? It doesn’t sound hard to do, but I admit, I’ve got some tools and a shop to work in. I know that not everyone does.

4. What’s wrong with the one that’s on the cabinet at the moment?

5. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    I have these in stock, PM me with the exact model number.

JMacBass65 likes this.
  6. Sorry for the delayed response. Nothing wrong with the current one. I've got what was once the bottom of a Shuttle 2x10 combo and now is an extra cabinet. I'd like to route the speaker cable to the back plate rather than where it comes out the top now. I don't want to destroy the one I've got so I can return it to stock.

7. It's a recessed plate. A flat one would do the job and I might resort to that, but then the tweeter attenuation knob would stick out the back.

8. PM sent!

9. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    I'm not sure you could squeeze a speakon jack onto that combo plate, though I haven't taken one apart. The plate on an actual EXT version is much larger than on the combo version.

10. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    @topper Although this thread is kind of old.... I'm curious how this worked out for you. I've got a 210 combo cab on the way and would be interested to know if it's doable. Here's a photo of both types..
    Also, I've cobbled together an adapter kit in order to be able use the combo cab with other amp heads, by way of an extension, as well as 1/4" connectivity to/from amps or cabs. See the other photo.

Attached Files:

11. I didn't work anything out. Like you said, there's no easy way to add a jack to these plates. There's a big circuit board thing mounted to the back that I assume is the tweeter attenuator and crossover. I didn't see an easy way to make room for an additional jack in the plate as it is. So I'm just using a short speakon-to-speakon cable to plug the cab into my Shuttle 1x12 combo.

Relsom likes this.