Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Genz Benz live 410 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hondo8671, Feb 23, 2006.

1. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    does any one play thru this cab? what do you think of the Genz Benz bass stuff?? :eyebrow:

2. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I have a Genz-Benz LiveSound 2x10.

Great cab. Highly recommended.

My rig (could be a collection of a lot of things) doesn't have any real low-bass low end in it, but the LS-210 has a lot of the mid-bass that beefs up the character of the sound. Overrall, it's a punchy cabinet and does a great job at sitting in the mix with a bit of over-the-top-ness to it.

If you're looking for something more specific, let me know.

3. VifferMike

VifferMike Registered Four Banger

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I've got a Genz-Benz GB 410T-XB2 cab (early one, circa 2001, I think) and for the money, it's insanely good. It's G-B's top-of-the-line cab, so the comparison won't completely be accurate compared with either the NEOX or the Live line, but if my cab is any indication (and based on what else I've heard about G-B cabs), it's some of the best gear you can get for the money you spend.

Basically, my 410 outpunches and outbottoms any other 4x10 I've tried (Ampeg, G-K, Mesa, SWR, even Eden, Aguilar and Trace). It handles a B string better than several 2x12s I've heard. It's a slightly dark-sounding cab, but it can be articulate enough if need be; it's got quite a smooth tweeter on it. It's front ported, so it moves a ton of air, and the build quality is sensational.

Only thing is, it weighs 104 pounds (thankfully it's got built-in rollers and a rear handle), and it's just more cab than I need. I'll be selling it soon in favor of more modular gear. But as 4x10s go, I don't think it's got much competition at its price point. G-B makes the most underrated bass gear on the planet, IMHO.