Genz Benz LS 112T cab - Any Opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dmielke, Nov 3, 2004.

1. dmielke

Mar 25, 2004

I was wondering if anyone here has had a chance to play the Genz Benz LS 112T bass cab? How would it compare to say an Avatar 112 or even the Aguilar GS 112.

Thanks for your help!

2. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    I have the previous version, the GB-112T. Same cab, outside of the cosmetics, I believe that it has a different crossover and an attenuator added.

Personally, I think that it's a great little cab. I use mine as an extension with my G-K MB-150S, and have used it regularly in a medium size room, loving the tone I get.

I also think that a couple of these cabs paired with a good head would make a great little rig too.

As to how it compares with Aggies, etc- Ya know, that's an individual thing I believe- Every player has a different style, attack, eq, etc. I certainly think the LS will hold it's own, it
    just depends on your ears and what you like, specs, price and status aside.

I will say that I think they are very bright sounding cabinets, lots of high-end attack and punch. They certainly can carry the lower freq's too, tho, again depending on what you are running it through and how you set your sound up.

GB is very good gear, IMO.
  3. Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I can't say much about the LS112T as I've never played one. But, I had The LS115 for a while and it had a very "creamy-smooth" tone. Nice cab for not a lot of dough. I suspect the LS112T would be just as nice.

Just a note: Avatar have the SB112 for just $219 + SH right now. Great cab.