Genz-Benz LS 112T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philthygeezer, Feb 12, 2004.

1. philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Anyone tried these? How do they stack up against the Aguilar GS112s? Only 200w RMS: maybe not as loud??
  2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I've got two of the older GB-12T series 112s which are rated at 175 watts rms. They're plenty loud and handle the power (350 watts into each) that I supply them with just fine. From all indications the LS112T is a better design and to me, it appears that they are similar to the Aguilar 112 from the outside. Never heard the Aggie so I can't compare the two options. I do feel that the Benz product has great tone and meets my current needs.
  3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Former GB-12T owner here. Nice cabinet, I think you'll find it much lighter than the Aguilar. I haven't heard an Ag so can't comment on the tone.

I bought mine used; GB honored the transferrable warranty and provided prompt service when someone blew the tweeter at a jam session.
  4. Another former GB12T user. I liked mine tone-wise, but it seemed that the A string on my P-bass clone tended to fart it out a little if I hit it really hard. The spec shows they are tuned fairly high, around 60 Hz (?) so the low-lows probably aren't filled with lots of fundamental. That being said, It seemed to take the low B on my bass without complaining. Oh yeah, I was driving it with a 350 watt Hartke head.

After all that ranting, the BP 1x12 shootout from a couple of years ago (one of my favorite articles ever in BP) said that it was almost as good sounding as the Aggie, which won the top tone award. it is also one of the lighter cabs out there. I like the gray front panel scheme too.