Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Genz Benz LS 410T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jul 24, 2005.

1. just looking for opinions on this cabinet, hows it sound with a 5 string, hows it handle as a stand alone cabinet and would a GB GBE400 suit it?....ive only just found a store that stocks genz benz stuff around here and even though its in sydney im very tempted to go check it out...but im just looking for opinions if wether its worth going to check out or not....

and yes i did do a search before posting this, and i didnt find nudda

2. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I own the LS-210T, the little brother to the LS-410T.

The box is on the bigger side, being eighteen inches deep. This makes it a pain to haul around, even with the light weight of forty-nine pounds. I found the handles to be pointless as I carry it around vertically (easier way to manage the weight).

The sound is good, especially considering the price. It has an Ampeg-ish cabinet sound to it with a bump in the low mids. Very classic sounding bass tone. But it also has fidelity if you want it to (not super hi-fi, mind you). Good tone for fingerstyle and I like the way slap sounds from it. I play a four-string on mine and have problems with low end (not a problem in a band situation for me though), so I would recommend a decet sub if you're going to be using a five-string. Or if you don't want/need a lot of low end, it will be fine.

This cabinet is loud. I run my GK amp (~200 watts at eight ohms) and I fill up my entire church with ease with only this cabinet. Projection is great, very even all the way across the church (the volume I hear it is the way everyone else hears it). It's about a five-hundred person venue and I'm sure the room acoustics help a lot, but this cabinet works for me and is an easy load.

Go try it out. You may or may not like it, but it's a very nice cab.

3. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
    Australia
    I've played one with the GBE 400 and found them to be a good match. I'm not too sure how the cab would sound with a 5 string though. Illidian pretty much nailed it on the tone. For the money I think they are a great buy.

4. cool, well i might be goin down to sydney soon to try them out, i have a ashton 115 cab which is my only cab at the moment, rather nice with my peavey, but i need something new....im kinda after a versatile amp, something that i can get a 70'sish kinda tone for the funk stuff, using my ksd jazz 70's 5 string, and then something i can get a suitable 50's rock/blues tone..which i am currently using my jazz but i plan to get a fender mark hoppus with flatwounds for that (i prefer jazz bodies than p bodies).....nemesis seems to be my other bet, unless i can find out new prices for ashdown gear

5. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    i own this cab. i like it. i play in a hard/metal core band with it. but i play a 4 string. if you turn it way up, it farts, but it's a good cab. i'm not sure how it would handle a 5 string, but it's a good cab for the money.

6. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Nearly all speakers will fart when you turn way up. ;)

7. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    heh, yeah. but this thing tends to do it much sooner than other 410 cabs i've owned. sorry for me being silly.

8. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Maybe because of the low (400 watts) RMS power handling? How much power are you feeding it?

I run about two hundred watts into my 2x10 and I haven't had it fart out on me, yet. My power amp always clips first. :)

9. username1

username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    I use this cabinet and think it is great. I use it with a 4 string fretless jazz and am pleased with the bottom end it has. I think the farting someone was talking about is actually from the power amp clipping. My old swr triad used to fart also and when i used an 800 watt power amp with it it worked great. It was also rated at 400 watts but could easily handle the 800 i put through it. Clean high power is better on it than dirty "farting" low power.

10. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution
    +1. The majority of time, farting comes from underpowering the a cab and maxing the abilities of an amp.

11. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I a/bed this cab and a Warwick 410 Pro while I was at guitar center and I ended up getting the Warwick (see sig). Its not that I didn't like the GB, its just that the Warwick was much deeper sound wise (and dimension wise). It may have been becuase the GB was pretty used looking and even had a little mud splattered on the cone. I would say go with it. They are a great price for a decent cab. They also look really cool!! :cool:

12. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I don't use a Genz Benz LS 410T cabinet but I do own a Genz Benz GB610T-XB2 cabinet.

I realize that were talking about two very different cabinets here, but I just had to mention that i've been extremely happy with my GB610T-XB2.

It's the first Genz Benz product that i've owned. Their products are definately on my future radar screen.

TD
    ;)