Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Genz Benz Neo 2x12 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Char-Lee, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Char-Lee

Char-Lee

Aug 29, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    Has any one had a chance to play the new Genz Benz 2x12 Neo-D cab. I've played the 1x12 and the combo, I like the sound of those two but just wondering what the feelings are on the bigger cab.

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I just played one last week. It holds it's own against cabs that cost a lot more: Clear and articulate yet a good deal of punch, handles the low B well at good volume, is easily maneuvered, etc.

Mr. Genzler makes great stuff! :cool:

3. dont

dont

Jul 25, 2004
    dontwyman@lycos.com
    I agree. I bought one; lots of low end, solid tightness and clarity throughout the frequency spectrum. I put about 1200 watts through it with a five string, and it is a serious wallshaker.. With the wheels, tiltback design, and topside handles, it is very maneuverable. Very nice cab!

4. Char-Lee

Char-Lee

Aug 29, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    Excellent thats what I was hoping. I'll be running an Ampeg SVT3-Pro 450watts , and a Stingray 5 through it for some Hard Rock/metal stuff. I was really worried if it could handle a 5-string or not so I feel really comfortable with the idea now.

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I played it with the GB-600 head and it got plenty low and plenty loud. This would be the minimum wattage I would hit it with though especially for the "louder" genres you've just mentioned. Maybe more power/headroom? ;)