1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz Neo 3.5 or Marbass LMII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tajue17, Mar 15, 2008.

1. not based on size or weight which one would you choose?

I found the 3.5 GZ for 450 but was thinking about a new markbass from GC for 599,,now I'm wondering about the GZ and because of the tubes if it would sound better to me where i use the 400+ heads..

I have a bagend S15-D and S15X-D waiting at home for the head I choose (new light travel rig)

2. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    Where did you find that 3.5 for that?

3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I had both. I still have the NeoPak. :)

4. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    If you like the neo pak why not get the shuttle?

Believe me it goes on and on and on....

For me I'm sticking with the LMII for now. Its my favourite amp of all time, but its likely I'd like the shuttle 6.0 too.

Anyways, I'm too broke to continue the cycle of buying bass gear endlessly.

5. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    This one has been done to death here, but it really comes down to a few key decisions. Since you said size and weight don't factor, here's what remains IMO:

Warmth - The Neo-pak wins. LMII is slightly warm but still has SS punch and openness.
    D.I. -Neo-pak wins if you want an excellent, configurable DI on the head itself
    4 Ohm power - LMII wins
    2 Ohm capability - Neo-pak wins, and it givs you the same power as the LMII in the process
    Customer Support - have to say Genz here just because of the reputation and U.S. presence. MB CS isn't bad at all, just not the caliber of Genz should you need it.

The rest are more subjective I think. Mute vs. no mute, and if that's important or not to you. Fixed EQ points on the LMII vs. hi/lo and semi-para mid Neo-pak. Which would you prefer? Aesthetics could weigh in. The LMII's filters vs. the Neo-paks. Defeatable limiter.

If you can answer most of those questions in favor of one over the other, I think you've probably picked your head. Of course, listening would be the best thing to do.