1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz Neo Pak Handle?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by topper, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Anyone ever put a handle on their GB Neo Pak 3.5? If so, how'd you do it? Do you have pics?

2. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    I've been thinking of doing this to mine! I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I think the easiest way is to use the screws that are on the side of the chassis that, I believe, are meant for rack ears. I'm not sure exactly what type of handle I'd put on it, though.

Asad

3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
  4. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Thats how I carry my GK1001RBI, took it out of the SKB case and just grab the strap handle on the end, place it ontop of my GB212T and BAM! 540 watts into the one cab. I was getting real close to looking for a Neo-Pak or LM to have as a small,portable amp so when I dont need/want to haul my GBE600 or 750 and 2 212T cabs, the GK is now my practice, small session rig. I know the weights not as lite on the GK but its more portable than my 600/750 and its sounding good to me again with the Neox cab. I had it for sale real cheap on CL and once I tried it with the GB cab, it sounded good to me again. Now if I can just find those little rubber feet to put back on bottom, I'll be set. And yes that strap handle sounds good for those amps, even more portable now.

5. I'm hesitant to do the strap handle just because of having to drill holes in the amp cover. I guess if I want a handle there won't be any way around this. Anyone else actually put a handle on the Neo Pak?

6. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    You can make an adapter plate to use the side holes and put a strap handle on the adapter plate.

IMO, a side handle will make it much easier to carry than a top handle.

Asad

7. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    There's not a lot of room on the sides (inside that is). One side has the vent so the other end would be the only real option. I have the NeoPak bag for it so I probably won't be needing a handle but it would make picking it up a little easier and less likely to slip from your hand.

8. How would I do that?

9. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I've moved around too many heads to ever consider just carying one with a handle on it. They always invariably wind up falling off of something or getting knocked around in transit. The Neo-pak bag works great. Gig Skinz makes nice bags for different sized heads also, although they are a little flashy.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021