1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genz Benz Neo-Pak3.5

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Apr 16, 2006.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Has anyone here tried out this little amp? I am beginning to gather info for my search for a small rig to take away for my graduate studies, and was introduced to this little thing by Jim at Atlanta Bass Gallery. I was rather impressed by it, but was focusing my attention more towards cabs than amps at the time, to didn't fully put it through the paces - more of running it at a neutral setting to hear the different cabs.
    Anyone else tried one out?
    Genz Benz Neo-Pak 3.5

2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I tried one briefly while testing out some Fender basses, and I was impressed by the tone when paired with Genz's NeoX 212 cabinet. Very warm, solid, and deep, but with clarity too. Like you, I didn't really push it, but I sure liked what I heard. I'm already reasonably light and compact with G-K heads, but if I were starting fresh I'd give this a close look.

3. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Though I really doubt it will happen, I'm hoping our local Genz Benz dealer will get one in. I do want to try it with the Neo 2x12. I wasn't that blown away by the 1x12 I tried it with, but I was comparing it to the Glockenklang and Eden 1x12s.

4. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Any one else checked it out?