Genz Benz NeoX-112T is nice!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BullCityBass, May 19, 2007.

1. BullCityBass

BullCityBass

Jun 14, 2005
    Durham, NC
    well, after a brief and unsuccessful venture in trying to get an Acme B-1 (the delivery time was long and Andy had canceled my order before I had asked him to...) I decided to look elsewhere.

I wanted to look into a Wizzy 10 but they were not shipping either... I live in a small duplex and the walls are thin so my neighbor complains constantly even when I play at low volumes. I figured I just needed a single 10 for my situation... but I was not having the best of luck finding one.

That brought me to my local guitar dealer who happens to carry a few nice bass items. He had a GB NeoX-112T that I had my eye on a few weeks ago. I plugged it in and was amazed how loud and full this little cab was. Its a little bigger than I had planned on buying but it sounds great at low volume which is something I needed. I played it though a Clarus 2R at the shop and a Crown K1/Tube Pre at home and it really sounds fantastic. Jeff did a great job with this cab! Its light and not too big sizewise but man does it put out some sound. I have no EQ at all on my crown amp setup and my bass just sings. Natural is about the best word to describe it, nothing pronounced, just the sound of my bass.

My new Focus 2R should be in any day now so I am excited to have a small light rig that sounds so good!

Datsgor likes this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021