1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz New Amps!!! (Streamliner 900/600)

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by LightGroove, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Called the streamliner... 900watts @ 4ohms 500+/- 8ohms..

Sorry for the stealing of a thread but apparently its slated to be released early next year if what Im reading is indeed true I'll take one off your hands pretty swiftly...

Roscoe + a little tubey warmth and snarl....:bassist:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714649

2. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    wow, cool. I'm not a GB guy but am looking for a second amp as a backup. This could make me a GB fan if it sounds as advertised.

3. nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    ok Greg, when you getting these? My hunch is it'll ship "right after NAMM" which if it were GK I'd take that to mean Dec of next year :D

4. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Cool!

That's the first I've heard of it, so I'll have to heckle my GB rep on Monday to get the scoop.

5. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    I wanna watch this one....:ninja:

:D

God Bless, Ray

6. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I'm trying my best to order some as we speak, but they're not quite there yet... should be any week now, though.

7. nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Well if the price is reasonable and they sound as described I'm in.

Edit: per the other thread list is $1279. Street should be reasonable. Put me on a list. I may need a second ae210 as well.

Damn this place all to helll...

8. dealers will be finding out about it in about three weeks. So, with that in mind, they should be in position to ship by the middle of end of January...

Save the beanie weenies until after the new year...oh the wife mentioned she wanted to get me something nice for my upcoming birthday....

9. Watching with mild interest... I've been using the Shuttle 9.0 for 11+ months now, and am very happy. I'll be anxious to A/B this one against it. Believe it or not, the main feature that stands out for me is the bit of extra weight. The Shuttle is so light that I have to brace it when connecting cables. Never had that problem before. :)

10. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution

Hi Greg- I just got off the phone with Craig. He has all the info now to get these on order for you. You're first in line.
    Thanks,
    Roger

11. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Verrrrry interesting......

I'm in the process of deciding between two amps, the ever cool RH-450, and the Ashdown Little Bastard..... I think there's a third contender now....

Lotsa power on tap, tube warmth, the opportunity to overdrive and all in a tiny package... very cool, it seems! :cool:

12. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Alright - I just got off the phone with my GB rep! I've got double digits of this head on order now, so I'm going to open it up for pre-orders effective immediately.

List is $1279, street is $999. Free shipping and my usual Genz-Benz discount for TB members (10%) will apply. The heads are expected to ship mid-January.

To pre-order, check out all the info in the listing on my site. Basically, a $200 deposit will reserve your place in line, and I'll ship the heads in the order that I receive the deposits. And, of course, you also are more than welcome to prepay in full if you prefer.

13. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thank you, Roger! I like to get out front on these sort of things, so I'm glad to be on the leading edge of this wave.

14. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Awesome!

I'm ready! Is it too early to ask about the availability of
    a carry bag?

15. I'm first in line. Thanks Greg!

16. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Ah, good question! I assume it will fit the standard Shuttle bag, but that might be a bad assumption. Let's see what hasbeen has to say on that.

In the past, GB has sometimes offered a free bag with every head when new heads are introduced. I'm not sure if that will be the case with the Streamliner, but if it is then I will pass along the free bags at no charge.

17. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thank you, Ken! Much appreciated, and I look forward to seeing you demo the head on your youtube channel!

18. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    the bag is different because this amp is a tad bigger than the Shuttle. Model number is: STM-BAG.

19. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Nice work pointing that out, Dave! Thanks much!