1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 0volts, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Hello all,
    I'm new to the site and have been very interested in the Genz Benz threads. Plenty of good info about the new shuttle setups, but I still have a few question that some of you more experienced players can help with. I've been playing bass for about a year and will be playing at my church in the near future. The church is fairly small, holds about 200 people. I've tried the Shuttle 6.0 and really like it. My question is about cabinets. Should I go with the 2X10 shuttle cab, or go with multiple Neo single 12's.? I haven't had the chance to play through all the options, and probably won't get a chance as selection is limited at the store I frequent. Is there much of a difference between the Neo line and the Shuttle line of cabs, other than the obvious weight difference?

2. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    I really suggest that you try both options. They are somewhat different, and your personal preference plays a big part in what's "better" to you IMO.

3. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I use the NeoX cabs in church, a 112 and 212. Both are great, and work well in that setting.

4. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes the tree Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    If you can swing the price, I've found that the most versatile rig for me is 2 1x12's. Using one is very portable, using two is just unbelievable, in terms of volume and tone. I'm currently using a GBE-1200 with either an Accugroove Whappo Jr or 2 Aguilar GS112's. I do plan on replacing the Aguilars - they are a little mid-scooped for me.

BTW - I play almost exclusively in churches. Mine seats 1800 but runs between 900 and 1400, depending on the service. I also occasionally play in a small church that seats 75 - the modular set up works for both ends. A couple of the mid-size churches I sub at are VERY live and the GBE works well in that type of a setting also.

Dan K.

5. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I always think modular first. If you do dual neoX112's you won't be dissapointed. But some here find the versatility in owning a 112 and a 212. I love dual 112's myself and love the 212 as well. As stated above, the best thing is to try them if you can. I love the 112's versatility and take 2 when I just want more of that 112 tone but louder. Also with dual 112's you can split them and place them whereyou need them.