1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz Shuttle 2 Series Cab Grille Color

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fma3rd, Sep 11, 2018.

1. fma3rd

fma3rd

Feb 12, 2012
    Hopefully this is the right place to post this. I've had a Shuttle 2 Series 12" combo for some time that I love. They stopped making them before I had a chance to purchase the extension cab. I recently purchased another combo and converted it into the extension cab. The only problem is that the previous owner painted the grille black to match his Shuttle 1 Series cab. I really want to turn the grille back to the original, somewhat silver/gray/beige color. It is a unique color and I am having trouble trying to match it. I would like to find a spray can and just paint over the black. I've tried removing the black paint but it seems difficult to do without possibly damaging the original paint underneath. Other than painting both grilles with a close color to match each other, ideas are welcomed. I really want to leave the one I have that is original alone. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    It's powder coating, and it's a custom color.

You are probably better off lightly sanding each one with a fine (320) paper and spraying both the same color. Take them off first of course, I would keep each grille identified with each cabinet so the screw holes line up in the cleats. They are not always punched identically.

3. fma3rd

fma3rd

Feb 12, 2012
    I was thinking this may be my best course of action. I really like that custom color. Maybe I can find something close. Thank you for the reply.

agedhorse likes this.
  4. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    It will take 3 or 4 coats to get the necessary durability, grilles are notoriously tough on finishes which is why we went with powder coating.

Relsom and fma3rd like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021