1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz-Benz Shuttle 3.0/6.0 EQing.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jaydin Nathan, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Just wanted to see how people were EQing their Shuttle's for different styles/genres, as I'm not the most tonally gifted :meh:
    Feel free to post other equipment that may contribute to your tone.

2. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    Hello;
    All settings are "o'clock"
    Lows: 2
    mid: 10
    mid level: 2
    high: 12
    signal shape: off.....to start with.

A couple of points:
    * I HIGHLY recommend that you use the mid controls to boost the appropriate low mids for the room you're in and NOT to use it to cut mids. If you must cut mids, use the signal shape circuit.
    * Most people eq for a sound at arms length....because they're twisting knobs at arms length. Rather, you should eq a tone and then step back to where the sweet spot of your cabinet "throw" is. You'll be amazed at how much more low end you'll hear when you stand back ten feet.
    * Caveat: My eq settings are a starting point as your cabinet will have a great influence...and other factors too....bass, room, style etc. When you start to tweak my settings, go ONE CLICK AT A TIME. This is a very powerful tone network. And, don't forget to step back and listen after each change.

I hope this helps and thanks VERY much for you business.

Roger

3. ALBERT 3n

ALBERT 3n

Sep 7, 2008
    I will buy shuttle 6.0 next month,.....But is it made in China????
    How about GBE 750????

4. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Brother, I don't know about you, but just about everything I own says Made In China/Indonesia/Korea/Etc..etc. Don't worry about where it's made but how it sounds.

To the OP:

Gain and Volume to taste. Experiment with these. It's a lot of fun! I never considered myself a tube guy, but I really like the Gain cranked up (2:00-3:00) and the volume turned down (9:00).

--Bass at 12:30 (one or two clicks past noon)
    --Mid at 12:45 (two or three clicls past noon)
    --Mid Freq at 9 (+/- a click or two depending on the room)
    --Highs at noon

I don't mees with the signal shapes. Though I have read a couple of posts where folks hit the LF Boost then back off the Lows a click or two. I may need to try that.

FWIW, I play with a Lakland Scheff with Barts and my cabs are Bag End S15's. I'm strictly a fingerstyle player that sticks in the money position.

5. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Let me clarify what Roger is saying here... if you are looking for a scooped sound, the mid eq can be pretty drastic and easily overdone.

The mid eq is suitable for helping voice a cabinet (or bass) that has too much mid, and a little "sweep & cut" is a suitable solution. Remember that a little eq goes a long way.

6. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    The chassis is made in Taiwan, some parts are from Europe and the amp is built in the USA. :)

7. ALBERT 3n

ALBERT 3n

Sep 7, 2008
    Ok,,,Thank's Brian:)....

8. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Interesting, those are about exactly the settings I use on my Neopak (through a BFM Omni 10). Sounds KILLER.

9. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    That may be true...but CS is USA and perfect

10. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    Let me also clarify that you must have the gain set right and then the eq goes a long long way. From my p.m. collection the biggest thing I find troubleshooting peoples eq issues are they aren't the input O/L light. When you do, the eq lites ups.