1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 or 6.2? And which cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lloydage, Oct 24, 2013.

1. lloydage

lloydage

Nov 23, 2012
    I'm thinking of getting a shuttle 6.0 or 6.2. Firstly what are the differences between these two . Secondly which cabinets go well with this amp?

2. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    The 6.2 has a much more open low end and is a far rounder sounding head IME/IMO. Any good cab should match well, depending on what type of tone you like and how loud you want to be.

3. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I have a Shuttle 6.2. For a while I used it with the Genz Benz 12" cab and an Ampeg 15" and it sounded great. Last week, I tried it for the first time with an Ampeg 4x10 and the 15" and not surprisingly it sounded even better.

A single 12 isn't ideal for bass as most of us would agree and while it translated the mids and highs pretty well, a 4x10 was plainly superior. If I could only use it with one cab it would be a 4x10 for sure.

4. lloydage

lloydage

Nov 23, 2012
    I already have 2 x RS10 TC Electronic cabs. Do u think they would work well with it?

5. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    If you like the way they sound then they will pair well with the 6.2. That will make a pretty sweet stack :)

I would strongly advise the 6.2 over the 6.0. I am really enjoying mine through various cabs (GB Neox 212, Shuttle 2 210 and 112, LDS 15.6).

6. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Here's an old thread on this topic:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/genz-benz-shuttle-vs-shuttle-2-a-959032/

I did my research before purchasing a 6.2 last year (currently FS in the TB classifieds) and agree with everybody else that the 6.2 is a major improvement on the 6.0. These are great little heads. The only reason I'm selling mine is because I replaced it with a Shuttle 9.2.

As for cabs, I've played the 6.2 through my old Ashdown mini 12T and 10T cabs and my current fEARful 12/6/1. It works great with both.