1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 with Mesa Powerhouse 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ifriff, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Ifriff

Ifriff

Feb 7, 2011
    Anybody ever use this combination? The cab is rated at 300 watts. It is 8ohm. The Genz Benz puts out 375 watts at 8ohm. Is this a bad idea?

2. It will probably sound great. As with any speaker, use your ears. When it sounds like its farting, you need to back off the volume. So no you wont be able to run your amp full bore.

3. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    +1 on what CL400Peavey said. Just be careful with the volume. I've run my Shuttle 6.0 with an Aguilar GS112 many times (300 watt rating) and it sounds great.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 again

5. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

I run my Shuttle 6.0 with two GK Neo IIs, sounds great, never clips that I've seen. The GKs are rated at 300 watts and I initially had only one without an issue. I agree with what was said. If you don't run it at full volume, it should be fine. These ratings are conservative often times as well.

6. Disagree. I find power ratings on cabs are usually overly optimistic at best.

7. Ifriff

Ifriff

Feb 7, 2011
    Thanks gang!