Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 12T + TC Electronic K-212 as EXT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Diegombass, May 3, 2017.

1. Diegombass

Diegombass

Sep 19, 2012
    Spain
    Hi,
    I am so happy with my Shuttle 6.2 12T combo, it gives me what I need in small gigs, but in medium/high or outside gigs I need more low frequencies.
    I am thinking about an extension but my budget is pretty low right now, and the weight, dimensions and the vertical 312 stack are a plus.
    Since there is no sensitivity spec for the K-212, do you think it is going to pair well? Do you think it is going to give the spread I need in medium/big gigs?

My shuttle 12T cab: 375Watts RMS - 8ohm - 99dB Sensitivity 1W/1M
    The K-212 cab: 400Watts - 8ohm

The amp release 375Watts at 8ohm and 600Watts at 4ohm

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge!!

2. Diegombass

Diegombass

Sep 19, 2012
    Spain
    I have the k212 at home and I can hear the extra low frequencies when both cabs are hooked, that is because of the extra watts or the freq extension of the k212? I can also nocite the volume of the shuttle112 is higher than the k212, and the mid scoop of the k212, and less definition in the lows of the k212, and the weight of the k212.

I like the sound of the shuttle112, it gives me versatility: clean for acoustic, deep for electric (depends on the tube preamp gain and agressive eq) but I need more volume/lows in some situation.

What would you recommend? I play from upright bass, magnet/piezo fretless, to electric blues, ska/reggae...
    Thanks a lot

3. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    You'll be fine. I own the Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 2 TCE K212 cabs and they handle the Shuttle just fine. Also I wouldn't call the K212 mid scooped, it is actually very even but with a pronounced low end. It is probably that your Shuttle 1 X 12 is hyped in the mids, so when you a/b them it sounds like the K212 is scooped which it is not. That hyped midrange is also going to make it sound louder but in the long run, 2 12 inch speakers are going to handle more volume. In either case running them together will be fine on your gigs.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  4. Diegombass

Diegombass

Sep 19, 2012
    Spain
    Thanks for your reply. I have tried it outside the house and I can feel the low end and how it spread it, most of all when both cabs are on the floor, but less in vertical stack. Finally I will return it to the store, I would like to get another shuttle 112 to get more volume, that hyped midrange is what I need in a lot of venues where the low range is boomy, and when I don't need it I push the mid cut button. And most of all, I need another cab with similar weight as the shuttle112.
    Thanks again for your time :thumbsup:

5. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    That's cool. If you could find another Genz Benz 112, that would make a very nice portable stack that would sound great and get pretty loud. Good luck.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021