1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 racking question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Burlington, Apr 23, 2010.

1. I have a Shuttle 9.0 on the way to me. I plan on racking it in my SKB 3u case.

I would like to get a 1u compressor also.

My question is, will I have an issue with heat? I wanted to get one of those slick 1u rack fans from www.rackfans.com, but if I get a comp I will have to get a 4u case.

Any advice?

2. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    I run my shuttle 9 @ 4 ohms pretty loud all the time... the heat that is given off is so negligible... Just as long as you keep the right side fan vent clear you should be OK.
    But i dont rack mine.. I use the shuttle gig bag and just put the amp on top of my cab..
    But what i like about the shuttle is it pulls air in one side and vent out the other. as long as the back of the rack is open , personally i think you will be OK.
    If i were you , i would get the smallest rack that i could get to fit it in... And you dont need another fan

3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    You do not need an additional fan, the self-cooling internal fan is designed for this purpose already.

4. Thanks for the info! Can't wait to try out my new head!