1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz Shuttle Extension Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ral1331, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, I know there is a similar thread about mixing and matching extension cabs, but I have a somewhat more specific question. I have a Genz Benz Shuttle 3-10T combo and am looking for an extension cab, but being a poor college student, don't want to spend the money for a GB extension cab. Instead, I am looking for cheaper options, new and used. A few I have come across are the Flite 1X10 and 1X15 cabs, the Eden ex110, etc. I haven't gotten a chance to try any, but I was wondering if it is even worth considering such different quality cabs such as the Flite, or if something like a Flite 1X15 would work at all. Thanks

2. whodom

whodom

Mar 3, 2006
    Salters, SC
    I've used mine with an Avatar 1x12 extension cabinet for the past several years and that combination works well. Any 8 ohm extension cabinet will work; I'm sure some combinations will just sound much better than others.

3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    All of those will work, they may not match well sensitivity-wise or tone-wise so you should definately try before you buy IMO.

Also, you should verify that the new cabinet matches the polarity of the Shuttle, sometimes used cabinets have been rewired or have drivers with non-standard polarity and when used with a standard (positive electrical polarity = positive pressure at the front of the driver... cone moves forward) driver will reduce output and low end due to cancellation. This is a good general practice to follow regardless of manufacturer.

4. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!