1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genz Benz Shuttle Head, Thermal Led Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alperious, Apr 1, 2013.

1. alperious

alperious

Apr 1, 2013
    Hello,
    I am using Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, yesterday i was play at home, Genz Benz to my pc from DI output, i was play it nearly 1 hour. and Tube Gain:10 Preamp Volume:14 Master Volume 12...
    When i playing, suddenly Thermal Led is on. But there is no sound changed... Only Led is on. But there is no reason for it; amp is not overheat, fan is still good workin, i was using DI output. After few minutes i was try to Headphone output :crying: there is no voice! when i open volume full from headphone output. i heard only distortion. i dint try it with Cabin. But still Thermal Led is on! :crying:

on Manual Says;
    The red “THERMAL” LED indicates that the amplifier has over-heated, engaged the protection circuit and
    shut down. This circuit is self-resetting when the offending condition is corrected, i.e., blocked fan
    vents, stuck fan, 2 ohm operation, etc.

But everthing was OK. But Led is ON!
    PLS Help Me. What is the Problem???

Attached Files:

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    If the entire amp (including power amp into speakers) passes audio, then there are only 3 possible causes that I can think of... either a bad logic signal from the power amp module, the header connector that carries this signal between the preamp and power amp is not fully seated, or the logic transistor that drives the LED is open.

If the amp does not pass audio through the power amp into a speaker, there could be another issue with the power amp that just happens to trigger the thermal LED even though it's not a thermal problem exactly.

Try your amp into a known good speaker cabinet and see if it functions properly. This is an important troubleshooting test. Let me know what you discover.

Where are you located, I need to know so that I can locate a service center close to you.

3. alperious

alperious

Apr 1, 2013
    I will try it. I am living at Istanbul, Turkey. Thanks for your help.

4. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Let me know what you find out, I can then put you in touch with the Turkish distributor who will be in a better position to advice you as to the repair options in your country.

5. alperious

alperious

Apr 1, 2013
    I search for who can help me in istanbul. But any company help me they says here not Genz Benz pieces to repair. We dont have. I dont know what will i do. I love this amp so much but i cant use it :(

6. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Have you tried the troubleshooting that I suggested? Without the answers to the questions I asked, I am not able to help you.

Any Fender Electronics service center in Turkey should be able to help you with the service as well as have access to service information and parts.

7. alperious

alperious

Apr 1, 2013
    Hi. Today i go to musicmarket with my amp and i try it with cabinet; its not working with cabinet. Speaker output and headphone output is not working. Only DI output is working. Thermal led is on still.
    After that trying o went to Genz Benz's Turkey distribitor/partner is http://www.do-re.com.tr (Do-Re Music), i told them about my problem than they send me to (DTL Electronic). I give my amp to DTL, i will be waiting for solutions... i will give u news...

8. alperious

alperious

Apr 1, 2013
    But they said to me if we needs some part of this amp it will be very hard because we dont have any parts of this amp.
    Are u working on Genz Benz?

9. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    All of the parts are available for your amp. Because you are an international customer, your importer/distributor can obtain the necessary parts by following the procedures in their distribution agreement. You are doing the correct thing by contacting them in Turkey.

10. alperious

alperious

Apr 1, 2013
    I am glad to hear those things from you. Thank u again. I will be waiting nearly one week for service's technical problem detection or repair. And they will decide what we need for repair. I hope we willnot need any part and then it will solve quickly. Because i have got alot of gig.

11. alperious

alperious

Apr 1, 2013
    Hi agedhorse.
    The service find a problem on my amp. My amph's Power Section (power layer) is burned...
    So do u have this part and how much cost it.

12. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Your service agent can order it directly from the factory, the part number is: CL-D-AMP002_116985 and they are in stock

They will order it the same way they ordered the product itself, through the same importer/distributor path.

13. alperious

alperious

Apr 1, 2013
    Hi again.
    My problem still runing and my service and my distributor couldnt find this part from factory. They are not help to me. I want to ask u may i buy this part from factory myself. U said this part avaible on factory but my service/distributor says to me nobody replay our message from genz-benz thay sait to me waiting? But what we are waiting. They dont connect anybody. I try to solve my problem myself :(
    I loved genz-benz but!
    If this will still running as like this i will hate this brand and turkeys distributor.
    What is my foult !
    I was trust to genz-benz... But ! ! !
    Maybe you can help me for to take this part...

14. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Your distributor or dealer can order it from their KMC International division. This is the same division that they would have ordered your amp from. Have your dealer/importer check with their contact at KMC Music International, maybe they didn't understand how the international distribution works. If this doesn't work, PM me with your e-mail address and who your dealer/distributor is and I will inquire through my end what the options are. I need to repsect how the international distribution system works so as not to do something that is not proper.