1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz Shuttle line in Australia

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by j0n0j0n0, Mar 16, 2008.

1. pretty keen on trying and probably buying a genz benz shuttle set up, but i am yet to find them at any store here in Australia, can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction.

2. Phil Mailloux

Phil Mailloux

Mar 25, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Builder: Mailloux Basses
    Billy Hyde is a Genz Benz dealer, have you tried giving them a phone call?

3. johnek

johnek

Mar 15, 2007
    Yes I think the right direction is to order one from the US. I found one place in Australia thats ell them, just by searching online, but they were about double the price, or more. I'm looking at getting one soon (Sydney).

JoHn

4. I live in Sydney and have a Shuttle 3.0. I really wouldn't get it anywhere in Australia, the prices are just ridiculous. I got mine from an eBay store, but there are plenty of music sites like www.musiciansfriend.com, and www.music123.com (don't know if I'm allowed to say that but sorry if I'm not). If you want a really good deal (except I don't know if they ship to Australia), in the Shuttle Megathread theres a 'mom and pop' store, that apparently is really cheap.

5. Yea importing one from the states would probably be the best way to go, though can they be rewired to 240v?

6. They are already 240v compatible, that's why I don't know why they charge so much in Australia for them, they're just taking them out of the box and reselling them for almost double the price.
    But you will need a plug that fits the Shuttle and the Aussie powerpoint.

7. Where did you get your plug for your shuttle?

8. deekay911

deekay911 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    The plug that fits into the back of the shuttle is an international standard 'kettle plug' (as we call them in the UK). Same as the power supply inlet on any desktop computer, or PC monitor. You should be able to get one anywhere for almost nothing unless you guys in Oz are doing something very different...