1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GENZ BENZ SHUTTLEMAX 18.2 !!!!!! or a Genz Benz Buy 1 Get 2 Mega Sale !!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tunaman, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    ry%3D400.

Either Genz Benz is in the giving spirit or someone really messed up in the shipping department :bag:

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Shhh.....I'll head over to your place right now and give you half the cost you paid for one. :D

3. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Tony: I live by a strict rule... what would Tebow do?

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Kneel down and at least think about it? :D

5. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Wouldn't that be a Genz Benz ShuttleMax 18.4?

Just send me your stock overage to correct the situation.

Thanks.

6. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Ubnomnar... I'm only interested in trading for a Desert Gold Bongo HH 5 so you're out of luck son :)

EDIT: It has 18 power but is still only the .2 model... I could add the SL 900 to it & make it a Shuttlelinermax 27.2

Agedhorse may have to divulge the goods on the upcoming NAMM products a little earlier now if he wants his extra 9.2 back, ha ha ha! Deal?

7. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Tunaman... I wish I could harness the almighty power of a ShuttleMax 9.2... but my little Phil Jones Flightcase 4x5" neo-combo has me covered for now.

8. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    Well, glad you finally got your 9.2 man. LOL, you got a way better deal than I did. I hope you like it.

9. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    See, told ya that they have the 18.2 thing planned all along, lol

10. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    :) not likely, I'm an endorser and they won't even tell me. Judging by the level of secrecy though I'm guessing it's something cool. Do take a look at the new acoustic amplifiers on the site though, very cool.

11. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Not my job, man! You will have to fight Roger over that one, warning, he's and deadly with his pterodactyl move. It really hurts... and for more than 5 minutes too :eek:

12. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Well u can tell Roger he's missing something & if he wants it he knows where it is :) You can also tell him if he wants to do a solid for for a guy that promotes Genz Benz to the hills... I'll gladly become a Genz Benz endorser for the extra 9.2 ! ha ha ha

In the meantime its time to rock this bad boy!

13. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    Tebow would have waited until the 4th quarter and gotten them both free. :ninja:

14. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    My paypal is empty so they weren't going to get paid for a 2nd one if I didn't let the cat out of the bag... thats for sure! Genz is good to us so I figure I'll be good to them & let em know. Fantastic customer service, products. Steal at Christmas time? :scowl:

As long as I've got free GB gear I'll change my title to: Unofficial temporary Genz Benz endorser :D That means I'll have to buy some 2 Genz Benz 410 cabs so it probably will work out for them in the end :cool:

but enough with the pipe dreams... here are some pics

ry%3D400.

9.2 Review :hyper:

LOVE the 9.2 Shuttlemax... I think people are genuinely insane not to have this amp on their must have list... ESPECIALLY if you're into diversity of music. I've played in a few cover bands & sometimes put my Itunes on shuffle so I have to go from Reggae to Greenday to Gospel to Sublime to Funk. This amp can do it all with the click of a footswitch

I set the 9.2 for 2 tonal goals

FET: Grindy in your face tone for cut & punk rock
    Lows cut (10 oclock), Low & high mids boosted (2 o'clock) with frequency set according cab voicing

Tube: Warm, round, big low tone
    Lows boosted (2 o'clock), Low & high mids cut (10 o'clock)

Switching between the 2 channels with the settings like that makes it 2 completely different amps! Now once you know what general tone your after to match the song your playing you add the shaping in to customize it, get it a little closer... PERFECT

What other amp does that on the fly? With that EQ versatility? With the ability to tone shape as well without touching a freaking knob? Thats amp nirvana baby for those in coverbands or versatile tones needed without missing a beat.

If I was in an original band & had a certain tone in mind sure maybe you'd want an amp to fit that mold but to grab every tone in 1 box? This is it.

Light as a feather... sure its bigger than a micro but honestly are we going to complain about 5 lbs vs 7 lbs? No way, not me coming from a 80 lbs amp racked up. Mine will be racked in a shallow Gator case with a tuner & a wireless when that all comes in... going to grab a mute footswitch too which is HUGE for me

Shuttlemax 9.2 vs Streamliner 900
    If I could only have ONE amp... absolutely the 9.2 for the versatility but the Streamliner is PERFECT with my GK NEOs

The 9.2 FET section was the tone I was really missing with my Streamliner, grindy tight lows & strong treble. Being able to change the frequency of the low & high mids are SO crucial to be able to tame cab voicing that you don't want or for an evenly responsed cab... add character exactly where YOU want it, not whats built into the cab or set by the amp. The FET with the settings above sounds a lot like the GK MB500 I just sold which is a good thing. Great for cutting through the mix... I'll take the 9.2 over the MB500 for 1) Mute footswitch 2) Change low & high mid frequency 3) Tone shaping 4) Having a whole 2nd tube amp tone. The Streamliner can't come anywhere NEAR the FET channel, especially with the settings above

9.2 Tube section... closer in comparison to the Streamliner but clearly not as huge in the lows, less warmth throughout the range even the mids. Even with the treble & high mids rolled off it still has some grind in the tone if thats what your bass does (A Sterling HH & Bongo HH always have a ton of that) The 9.2 will let the character of your bass shine through while the Streamliner will neuter it. The 9.2 tube still has a warm tone but nothing like the Streamliner

Comparing Cabs: Epifani NYC vs GK NEO 115
    The Epifani is a VERY big in the lows & scooped mid cab with little mid character & presence... even response. This cab is FANTASTIC with the 9.2. I can add mids at any frequency I want... I get a very warm almost Streamliner like tone with the tube section & I get a great warmed up but still cut through the mix in your face tone with the FET. The Streamliner Epi combo is terrible, too much lows, too much warmth, muddy, lost in the mix even with extreme eq settings.

GK NEO 115 has very little lows, much more tight, grindy, Flea like slap tone with a strong upper mid volume boost. The Streamliner is clearly the winner with this particular cab. It really adds the lows this cab doesn't have & can make it warm. I cut the mids at 2.5K to get rid of the GK cab voicing & its warmth with punch, clarity & cut. The 9.2 still brings some warmth to the GK NEO but the cabs voicing is very strong & still present. I like the tube section better with this cab as it tames the voicing a bit but still cuts through the mix like a ton of bricks. Very in your face.

I love having both the Streamliner 900 & the 9.2. The Streamliner is the answer to the cabs with NEO magnets that are too grindy, not warm. I play at church & NEED a very warm, sitting back in the mix tone... you know... we play bass after all !! When I'm on coverband gigs, playing diverse music its the 9.2 for sure. The 9.2 is the amp you grab pretty much with any cab, diverse music, coverbands etc. Theres NOTHING it doesn't pair up with well having basically 2 amps using the settings above.

I'm in amp heaven! Who knows? Maybe Roger will let me keep the 2nd 9.2 & I'll grab some Uber cabs & review those too! :bassist:

Feel free to PM me, ask any questions! Merry Christmas yall :bassist: