1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Genz Benz ShuttleMAX 9.2 Amp w/rack ears & carry bag

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jondiener, Jan 20, 2017.

1. jondiener

jondiener Just trying to serve the song. Gold Supporting Member

Price:
    Lightly used and in excellent condition, this Genz Benz ShuttleMAX 9.2 Dual-Channel Amplifier is a real workhorse! With FET and tube preamp channels, AND the ability to mix both, it can give you just about any tone you're looking for, backed up with 900W of power amp goodness.

I bought this from another TBer in July, 2013 and installed it in a rack bag shortly thereafter. It was my primary gigging amp for most of the last 3 years. (averaging 35-40 gigs per year) I always carried my own gear (yeah, I'm THAT guy), and took very good care of this ShuttleMAX. Master volume on this barely ever made it past 9 or 10 o'clock position, so it was never pushed hard at all.

This amp is in excellent condition, functionally and cosmetically. Everything works as it should and all knobs and jacks are secure. There are virtually no scratches and only a handful of barely-visible scuffs on the top of the case. Rack ears, GB carry case, heavy-duty AC cable, printed owner's manual, and original box and packaging are all included.

The only reason I'm selling is because I am leaving the two bands I'm in and focusing more on studio work and pit orchestra gigs, where this amp would be overkill.

FEATURES
    500W @ 8 ohms; 900W @ 4 ohms
    Dual ChannelsFET and TUBE Preamps
    Switchable or Blendable Preamps
    Input Mute Circuit
    High and Low Gain Switch per Channel
    Active 4 Band EQ with Dual Parametric Mids
    High Current Class D Amplifier Design
    Adjustable 3 Band Signal Shape Circuits
    3 DPM Power Management
    LED Status Indicators
    Patent Pending P.H.A.T topology Speakon® Speaker Outputs
    Internal Fan Cooling
    Full XLR Direct Output Interface
    Aux. Input
    Headphone Jack
    Three Effects Loops (FET Ch; Tube Ch; Master)
    115/230 Volt Switchable

Full specs and info on the Genz Benz website:
    Shuttle Series | GENZ BENZ

Asking $610 shipped CONUS. Paypal is fine. No trades at this time, unless you have a mint Acoustic Image Series 4 Clarus SL.

JSD-170120-ShuttleMAX_9.2-004.jpg JSD-170120-ShuttleMAX_9.2-005.jpg JSD-170120-ShuttleMAX_9.2-006.jpg JSD-170120-ShuttleMAX_9.2-007.jpg JSD-170120-ShuttleMAX_9.2-008.jpg JSD-170120-ShuttleMAX_9.2-009.jpg JSD-170120-ShuttleMAX_9.2-010.jpg JSD-170120-ShuttleMAX_9.2-012.jpg JSD-170120-ShuttleMAX_9.2-015.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Say it aint so, Jon ! I think I'm the only guy left in the area that plays a GB ! GLWTS ! A great amp .

3. jondiener

Afraid so, Hi-Fi! It kills me to part with lovely beast, but my needs are changing and my gear needs to change with it.

Keep flying the G-B flag!

jnewmark likes this.
  4. Michael Strait

Michael Strait

Dec 9, 2014
    Hi Jon, do you have the foot switch with it?

5. jondiener

No footswitch. When I bought the amp, the footswitch was included, but I found I rarely used and ended up selling it.

Every function on the footswitch has a corresponding button on the front of the amp. So it was no big deal to use those buttons instead of the footswitch. And of course, there is no Mute function on the footswitch! A huge oversight, IMHO. Had there been one, I probably would have kept the footswitch.

Oh, and the footswitch was huge and heavy. :-/

6. moe.moe

moe.moe

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Brother Jon,
    At the great risk of being WAAAAYYY off center here, but would you be interested in my mint condition Aguilar TH500, along with its soft gigbag that has never been used for your GB?

If not, it's all good my brother.... But if so, it would be better than all good! :)

Thank you kindly for your time brother!

Blessings!

moe. :)

7. moe.moe

moe.moe

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Oh snap!!!! I just saw your trade interest.....

My bad brother.... NEVERMIND! :(

GLWTS brother!

Peace!

moe. :)

8. jondiener

ON HOLD until Feb. 5th for a local deal.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  9. Michael Strait

Michael Strait

Dec 9, 2014
    Jon, I'm willing to give you $550 for it immediately through paypal if your other deal falls through Thanks....

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021