1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz-Benz ShuttleMax 9.2...Just delivered

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Texan, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Thank god FedEx delivers on Saturdays!!! My Genz-Benz ShuttleMax 9.2 was just delivered. I tested it with everything pretty much flat, with my USA Ibanez ATK and the FET channel is nice and crisp, VERY articulate. The Tube Channel, I rolled the gain up and got a great SVT-esque sound. With the gain maxxed out the overdrive is killer. The mix function on the pedal that comes with the amp is a great feature. The low boost, mid scoop and high boost are great tools that really give a huge range of tonal possibilities from this head. I ran it through a Basson 210, which is a VERY bassy cab and was able to get a good balanced sound. I can't wait until Tuesday band practice to try it with my SWR Goliath III's. This amp has power to spare. I was shaking the walls with the preamp gains and volumes at 12 o'clock with the master volume barely at 8 o'clock. Another nice feature, at least to me, is that the knobs seem to be machined from aluminum and the pot is notched. So you can't easily change your setting by someone bumping it...

I'm stoked!!!:hyper:

2. DLM

DLM

May 25, 2004
    California
    Cool! Let us know your thoughts after you get a few gigs with it under your belt...

3. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    I love my Shuttle 9.0 and you'll have twice the fun with your MAX 9.2. Enjoy !!!

4. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I love the 9.2...been using it now for a few gigs...the FET channel is just crystal clear clean...and the tube channel takes you to that bit of classic growl easily....I used it for a big show last weekend with two Aggie S210's...man did that rig sound sweet...I have an Uber 410 on the way, and can wait to hear the sm9.2 with the uber 410...

5. bassjam

bassjam Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses, G&L Basses, Genzler Amplification
    My 9.2 will be here Tuesday-Can't wait to do a side by side with me Mesa M9.I tried the Uber 410 and Uber 212.Liked them both.I'd love to come check out the 410 when you get it.

6. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    Payson, that 9.2 should be very nice... I think i need to get one... I have been gigging my 9.0 to death.. but now the streamliner.... can only imagine the FET on the 9.2 .. looking forward to hearing how you like it....
    I got your phone message the other day. I have been traveling locally in texas.. will call you later