1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz STL-210T vs. NEOX-210T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by maurilio, Apr 9, 2010.

1. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Commercial User

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    Did a search, but I don't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'd like to know if some of you have compared these two cabs:

STL-210T and NEOX-210T

I have the STL, but I was wondering about the neo.....

Thanks much

M

2. poptart

poptart Commercial User

Sep 13, 2005
    UK
    Owner: Bass Direct
    Mo

Wassup man?

The Neox 210 is a 4Ω cab the STL210 is an 8Ω cab for starters. The Neox is fuller sounding and not quite as tight as the STL210 - the rest is very similar...except the size/weight of course.

Mark

3. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Commercial User

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    Hey Mark,
    how's life out there?

Here all almost the same.... family, work, gigs.....

Thank for the info. I have a STL210 4ohms special made for me, so power wise they should be similar. I really like how the stl sounds on a dense mix. I'm contemplating a shuttle 9.0 and I'm looking for a cabinet that would replicate the stl but with more volume.... for bigger venus. I might go with two stl 8ohms...

Cheers

M

4. poptart

poptart Commercial User

Sep 13, 2005
    UK
    Owner: Bass Direct
    Mo

Your boy is really growing up, good looking lad....where does he get that from ;-)

I would suggest a pair of the STL210 would be the way forward, no single 210 will really give you enough IMHO.

I like the STL210, a very undiscovered cabinet and actually not a million miles away from the Bergantino AE210 in size and sound - now a pair of those and you are cooking ;-D

Keep well.

Best regards

Mark