1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz-Benz STM 900 not working

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by trueno87, Feb 25, 2013.

1. trueno87

trueno87 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Brooklyn,NY
    so i had the amp at a gig and all of a sudden it stopped working and the warm up/protector and power light just blink continuously and nothing works, any idea from anyone thats had this issue???

2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Nope, haven't had that happen with mine - have you tried unplugging the speaker cable, then turning it back on???

- georgestrings

3. trueno87

trueno87 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Brooklyn,NY
    yep i've tried that, it does it both with out the speaker cable plugged and unplugged

4. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Call Genz. It should still be under warranty.

5. Someone from the GB team will be along shortly.

6. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Sounds like you've gotta send it in, then - I'd call them right away and get it going, if I were you... I've owned and gigged both the Streamliner 600 and 900, and never had the issue you're describing...

- georgestrings

7. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    If you plug the bass into the effects return does it make any sound? Alternatively, if you plug into the input and run a cable from the effects send to a mix/amp, do you hear anything? That might tell you if it is preamp or power amp.

8. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Could be a failure in the power supply or power amp, but without seeing it and properly troubleshooting, I can't say for sure. PM me and I will get you the information needed to get it taken care of.