SOLD Genz Benz Streamliner 600

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bmarcotte, Jan 11, 2021.

1. bmarcotte

bmarcotte

Oct 21, 2020
    Portland, OR
    Price:
    $300
    United States
    Can you believe it's a Genz Benz! I used this head as a very overpowered DI - I always thought I’d eventually plug it up to a cabinet but never have. Thus, I need to sell this off and move in a much more pedalboard-reasonable direction. Class A, tube-y goodness, lots of flexibility and I/O to satisfy.

An unfortunately, and regrettably, pretty major flaw you’ll notice: master knob is broken off. This didn’t affect my usage (as a DI), but still should be well noted here - selling at a hopefully low enough price to still entice. Should be a simple enough fix if you're handy with pots/amps or have a good tech. Hell - use this thing direct and be crazy like me! Will come with original GB soft bag, power cable, and manual. Currently velcro'd to my board, but will ship with feet!

Hoping for a straight sale on this one, $300 shipped CONUS - willing to ship elsewhere if buyer pays additional costs. Love this thing! Hoping it goes to a good home.

Specs:

- 375 Watts @ 8 ohms; 600 Watts @ 4 ohms
    - SMPS and Class D power amplifier design
    - Class A Six Stage Tube Preamp (3x12AX7A Tubes)
    - Modified Passive Baxandall EQ for the Lows and Highs
    - Active Tube Driven Mid EQ
    - Selectable 3-Position Mid Frequencies: 220, 600, 2.5K HZ
    - Input Mute
    - Hi Gain switch
    - Master Volume
    - 3DPM(TM) Power Management
    - Full Direct Output Interface
    - Effects Loop
    - Headphone Input
    - Aux. Input
    - Dual Speakon Outputs
    - Variable Speed Fan Cooling

PM for more pics or info! Thanks, TB.
    IMG_2966.JPG IMG_2969.JPG IMG_2968.JPG IMG_2967.JPG

Spidey2112 likes this.
  2. Jhalb

Jhalb Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2018
    St. Louis
    Do you have the knob? Does it make a sound when plugged into a cabinet?

3. bmarcotte

bmarcotte

Oct 21, 2020
    Portland, OR
    The knob that wasn't supposed to ever leave the zip pocket has left the zip pocket unfortunately. Sounded great when I plugged it into my old man's Bergantino cab a couple years ago!

4. SLPimp

SLPimp An Injury to One is an Injury to All Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    How have you been turning the volume pot?

5. bmarcotte

bmarcotte

Oct 21, 2020
    Portland, OR
    I haven't been! I've been sending signal to FOH from the direct out, and if memory serves me - the master knob never affected overall volume when going direct anyway. That's why I'm hoping someone can get more use out of this thing as a proper amp...as I'm completely nerfing it at the moment!

6. bmarcotte

bmarcotte

Oct 21, 2020
    Portland, OR
    Sold! Thank you, all.

Jhalb likes this.