1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz streamliner 900 DI out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HMZ, Jun 29, 2014.

1. HMZ

HMZ

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    I recently purchesed a genz benz streamliner 900. I was wondering do you guys use the “line" or the “mic” setting on the DI when running a cable to the PA? I tried the mic setting first but the signal was weak the line setting was much better.

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    It depends what type of signal the device on the end wants.

3. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Depends on the mixer, the sound guy and the context that's needed. In the mic position, the Streamliner generates a signal that's between -20 and -30dBu which puts the input gain on a typical console around 12:00 give or take. In the line position, the level will be closer to +4dBu, some consoles do not have the input gain range to handle +4 signals.

4. HMZ

HMZ

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    My Genz Benz Contour combo amp has only “mic” level out and its a much stronger signal then the one on the Streamer as far as Mic out put.

5. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    This will depend on where you operate the controls on your Streamliner, especially when using the post-eq mode.

These levels are ranges not exact levels. mic level is generally taken to mean between about -10 and -50dBu, while line level is generally between -10 and +4dBu (but can peak at as much as +26dBu under some conditions)

6. HMZ

HMZ

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    Thanks for the info agedhorse, So I guess it comes down to what ever works best. lol