Genz Benz Streamliner 900 EQ settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bizzybass, Dec 3, 2016.

1. bizzybass

bizzybass Inactive

Feb 17, 2014
    I have Genz Benz Streamliner 900 head unit with 2x10 genz Benz shuttle 2 cabinet. I play in a rock cover band. Would someone like to give me there opinion on ideal EQ settings with this amp? I always start at 12 o'clock with my lows mids and highs and then try to adjust up from there. If anyone would like to give me any feedback, I'd appreciate it. oh, and I usually play a Japanese Fender power jazz bass. Typically with my toggle switch set towards the neck pickup and the small switch positioned in the middle. tone is all the way up and that mid scoop set to about the middle.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  2. staccatogrowl likes this.
  3. Not yet

Not yet

Mar 26, 2012
    12 on the Streamliner is nowhere near flat and the controls take a lot of fiddling

I landed on volume at about 4 to 5 o'clock and the master to taste. After that messed w tone till I got where I needed.

Seemed off the wall but once I figured that it got easier

4. Muyy

Muyy Commercial User

Sep 4, 2009
    Orlando, Fl
    Starr Guitars
    Hit the preamp hard, gain at 2 - 3 o clock, volume 12 - 1, bass 1, mids 1, treble 12. Get the clip light to come on when you really dig in, use the gain switch in if you don't have enough juice going into the input jack. Master set to how loud you want it, preferably all the way up.

luther787 likes this.