1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz Uber 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Musicman20, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Hi all

Seen as though these will soon be unavailable, I might pick one up as the prices are great.

Are they really 500w for one 1x15? Is that an incredibly high end 15 in the cabinet?

I kinda miss the 1x15 plus tweet sound I used to get years back...is the cab nice and punchy in the low mids?

2. SBrown

SBrown

Dec 5, 2008
    Auburn, CA
    I believe they are the Eminence 3015 + tweets. I built my own cabs with these, using dimensions and tuning very close to the Ubers and I couldn't be happier. I use two 115's when space allows. Last night we played a smallish stage and I used 1 cab, it was just outstanding. You will hear that some people dont like the upper mids in these drivers, but I'm in the camp that is in love with the mids. I slightly boost the lower mids (220 on my pre) and its glorious.

Here are some sound samples, page 9, 1/3 down the page
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/genz-benz-uber-quad-uber-115-mega-thread-720992/index9.html

3. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    I use 1 or 2 of these Uber 115s at least 5 days a week.. And i like to Feel my pants move.. HA

I run a few different amps and it takes it all.. Streamliner 900 and Shuttlemax 9.2,, As well as a Fender TB1200 550watts @8Ω or 800 watts@4Ω. A mesa M9 at times...
    The Uber115 can move alot of air! and has great punch yet is not boomy.. Add the tweeter and you get aire up top.. Great CAB! Its speakes well and can also lay down that nice Pillow lows if you like.
    I find that i may dip 300 hz by about 2-3 dB at times since that seems to be a little more prominent with my setup..
    I have done HUGE stages with only One Uber115 and PA support.. And one wil rock a normal bar gig if it is not stupid loud. But I do play loud... and i would say YES it handles 500 watts.. I have not found another 115 that has a similar form factor, output and dependability as this Uber 115..

I joked with the Genz engineer Andy that they should use Stainless Steel Screws on the corners since when i use it on a bar gig, the salt from my tequila shot rusts the screws :eek::D
    But they are pretty bullet proof

lo-freq likes this.
  4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Great prices? How much? Is the cab fairly easy to move?

THX

5. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    The top loaded handles make it an ease to move... Best Idea ever.. I see a few companies stole the top loaded handles Idea from Genz

6. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    That would be the Kirk Powers accessory pack you are talking about ;)

svtb15 likes this.
  7. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Indeed, we were the first to develop and tool up for this type of handle, the following year at NAMM we saw many copies. Funny that ;)

8. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    :D:D:D

9. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    +1

10. Hi! Will the Uber 115 handle a Streamliner 900 or Shuttlemax 9.2?

I'm thinking of getting a pair of em :)

11. SBrown

SBrown

Dec 5, 2008
    Auburn, CA
    Do it. You wont regret it. You wont need both very often, but when you do stack 'em, wow what a thrill. Kind of like having a Ferrari in the garage. I played a Streamliner through my 115's and loved it.

12. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Yes, that's one of the demo stacks that Kirk played at NAMM a few years back.

Another accessory that's included in the Kirk Powers ccessory Group is a damn espresso machine, he finished his before I was 1/4 of the way through mine.

13. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Espresso heck yeah. I'm getting the shakes just thinking about it I'm addicted. Lol.
    Talking about espresso, I've only like Starbucks because they are consistent. When I travel at least I know I can get a coffee or a latte that's going to taste familiar. However I've been on a Starbucks boycott for personal reasons. So I find this really different place called Seattle's best, then I get my credit card bill last month and it turns out they're a subsidiary of some sort of Starbucks. So much for my boycott. A good thing about a session day is that I don't do it because I don't want to play on top of the beat like some kid learning how to play. Lol.
    Just thinking like this makes me think I may have a little too much caffeine running through my veins right now ha ha

14. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Oh yes it definitely handles either one of those heads. On my streamliner I will sometimes hit the yellow limit light because I like when it does that on a rock type of gig. It has some compression and that's the way the amp was designed. to make it sound sort of more like a tune amp. Just listen to what's coming from your cab and you will be fine. It's amazing how much output a single uber 15 is capable of.

15. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    This damn Siri is screwing up and I don't know how to edit my posts so excuse me I'm traveling right now I'm on my phone with Miss Siri

16. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Miss Siri on caffeine, priceless Kirk!

17. cst bass

cst bass

Jun 3, 2011
    Has anyone paired an Uber 210 with an Uber 115? I have an Uber 115, and might have found a good deal on an Uber 210. Just wondering how they might work together. I know there are differing opinions about mixing speaker sizes, although I think Ive read that these two cabs are designed to work well together.

18. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    I have never tried that particular combination but they should match up really well. They're very close and output so they should equal each other out. Should be a killer little rig. I currently use to uber 115's and it's a wrecking ball. I really would like to get a pair of 210s or even 1 210

19. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Stack the 210 vertically on top of the 15, so all 3 drivers line straight up. Should sound killer, and you'll get better coverage out in the room with the vertical alignment.

20. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie The winged monkeys showed up Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    HELL
    'Played thru one at Atlanta Bass Gallery. By far, the best 115 cab I have ever heard.