1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Genz Benz Uber 1288 Quad

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Jones64, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Jones64

Jones64 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Price:
    $350
    Great sounding cab that covers the whole range of bass with clarity and oomph. 600 watts and a single cab solution for most gigs. Also matches well with acoustic bass guitar and upright. Works perfectly, has a few dings in it.

Can't Ship it as it is too expensive, but willing to dive up to 100 miles to meet from Boulder,
    CO

Trade interest are anything that isn't a cab. Preamps or overdrives, light power amp, short scale bass, quality parts for a build, or hit me up with an offer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    AB Nate and G RICH 5 like this.
  2. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Hey Bubba - hope you're doing well! Folks, this is a killer deal on a great and often-overlooked cabinet. These Uber cabs were put out by Genz Benz (now Genzler) not too long before Genz Benz started to do their disappearing act, so they weren't on the market for that long. I had the 212 version of this and it was probably one of the best cabs I ever played through. The 1288 was legendary as well.

At $350 this is a major killer deal, if I had any need for cab like this I'd be all over it. Someone should grab this quickly before Francis comes to his senses! Great seller here, buy with confidence.

G RICH 5, mwbonsall, Jones64 and 2 others like this.
  3. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I also have a Uber 212 which I love to death.

I'd love to pair these together, though my Shuttle 9.0 only goes to 4 ohms and they wouldn't match. That's a great price and if I read that you're willing to ship this, that's even more amazing.

4. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Hey Ben and Hans,
    You are making me reconsider. I have my eye on a Tobias Basic 5 like I had twenty years ago and need to raise some funds, If you look I am clearing house on some great stuff. Thanks for the endorsement. I agree it is a great flexible cab and is fun to play.

5. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    PM

6. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    All Pm's responded to, and still waiting for a cash sale or a different trade option. Come and get a great unique cab.

7. If I didn't love my Berg HD112 I would buy this for sure as a single cab solution. Not sure they would pair well.

8. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    I actually have both and used them together and are selling both. They kind have the same idea of a full range detailed sound designed to sound good with electric bass. I know everyone says the Berg has the magic mids,
    I liked the mids in the Uber better but that is also coming form two eights, present and warm but not overbearing. To me a the Uber sounded more balanced to me and I like the tweeter better, but they are both great cabs and I would bring which one or two depending on the volume (as the Uber can definitely get louder when pushed), but they have similar sensitivity and paired well from an audio perspective. Visually they have different looks. I would usually put the Uber behind me on a milk crate and run the Berg to the other side of the drummer on the floor get a similar sound and feel on that side of the stage in a very small package. But these where often gigs with like 2 guitars and two horns, and too often it seems like I play on short and wide stages without FOH. Outdoor patio stuff. I want to get a Berg HG series as I think for what I do and where I play the rear firing speaker would be a good call, but they are very pricey.

DaveDeVille and MycooLeeyun like this.
  9. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

tempting ... very , very tempting .
    :cool:

Jones64 likes this.
  10. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    Weight please

11. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    I had quite a few questions about the cab, so I thought I would post the Genz link about the cab.

UBER BASS | GENZ BENZ

Looking at the specs on this page, I can see why it punches and the mids are nice with three speakers handling the low mids and middle mids. I thought it was 500 watts, but the specs say 600 watts. I never pushed it that hard, and with 250 watts out of a Tone Hammer 500 it got loud. Sometimes I paired it with either a Berg HD112 or a LDS 1x15 and both those cabs are also for sale for a killer loud and flexible stack.

DaveDeVille likes this.
  12. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Crud!! If you’d entertain shipping shoot me a PM. I have a shuttle 6.0 inbound that would pair beautifully with this.

I know shipping would be high but I am curious how high. Believe me! I already starting doing a budget for a road trip to come and meet you but it gets up there and at this time of year.....

Ugh. GASsin hard on this.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 5, 2020