Genz Benz vs. Ernie Ball MM

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by squire_pwr, Aug 23, 2003.

1. squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    :mad:FACE OFF!!!!:mad:
    GB 2x10 XB versus EBMM 2x10

Which would you recommend (assume both are the same price)? The Genz Benz 2x10 does 250w@8ohms, horn control (XB1 not XB2, also not sure if it's really 250w or 350w... new xb2's are 350w). The EB does 350w@8ohms, no horn control. I play the standard rock/alt. stuff, and I have a GBE400 (200w@8ohms, 330w@4, 450@2) head. It'd be nice to get a matching GB cab, but I've heard good things about the EBMM as well. I will probably stick with just one stand alone cab for a while (since I doubt a 4x10 could fit into a honda civic trunk), don't have the money to spend, and I don't want to lug huge cabs around either. Well, tell me what you think, and ASAP! Thanks!
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I pulled out my MM 2x10 at a gig this weekend, just for stage volume at a place with a particularly small stage. I've used it for rehearsals plenty of times, but never at a gig.

I was shocked and amazed at how inefficient it was. I had plenty of power going through it, and it wasn't giving me much in return. You might want to compare the sensitivity ratings for each of the two cabs you are considering.