1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genz Benz warranty

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by searchfunction, Jul 25, 2012.

1. searchfunction

searchfunction Guest

Nov 26, 2010
    I just got off the phone with Genz Benz and if you buy their products new from an unauthorized dealer, the warranty is void. I wonder if all those Shuttle 9.0 Hello Music sold have void warranties as well.

2. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Who was the seller through Amazon? Honestly, anybody can sell anything through Amazon.

3. Makes sense to me. If they aren't an authorized dealer then you shouldn't get the warranty. I typically buy used, but if I do go with a new product I always check to make sure they are an authorized dealer.

Here is a list of all of the online authorized dealers per their website:

Alto Music
    Alvas Music
    American Music Supply
    Andrew's Music
    The Bass Place
    Better Built Fretted
    Bill's Music
    California Custom Ax
    Chuck Levin's Music Center
    GO-DPS
    Guitar Center
    Guitar Factory
    Hoffman Music
    Jerry's Music
    Music 123
    Music Power
    Music Store Inc.
    Musician's Friend
    Northeast Music Center
    The Perfect Bass
    Sam Ash
    SameDay Music
    Sigler Music
    World Music Supply
    Zzounds.com

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    If you buy used how do you know the original purchaser bought from an authorized dealer?

Do they think you bought a counterfit amp?

5. searchfunction

searchfunction Guest

Nov 26, 2010

It was ASavings.

6. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Makes you wonder how these guys get NIB gear to sell....

7. JB36

JB36 Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Albany, NY
    I bought a Genz cab from Amazon and I registered it ok, but I guess I don't have a warranty. I hope it doesn't break.

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    How DO they get it?

9. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

I'm glad I got my 6.0 through The Bass Place for $417 including shipping months ago. I see now they are up to $549 not including shipping. I would be bummed if I had no warranty. Good information, thanks a lot.

10. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    I think that sucks.:mad: I bought all my Genz Benz gear from a local music store and it has all been trouble-free. I just hope it stays that way.

11. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    How much did you pay for it?

12. Indeed. The only way I can think of is from an authorised dealer going bust, which wouldn't be dozens of units.

13. searchfunction

searchfunction Guest

Nov 26, 2010

$549.00 shipped.

14. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Well as I mentioned in an earlier post I bought all my GB gear from the local music store which isn't on the list. Last time I was in the store they had Two UBer cabs and two shuttle combos on the floor.

15. MODELL

MODELL

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Some of the Amazon offerings are from Authorized dealers (Shuttle 3.0). I guess it's worth comparing that online list from the GB site and then seeing who it is being sold from if purchased through Amazon.

16. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Just to clarify after visting their site, this is only a list of their Internet dealers. They have a separate list of authorized brick & mortar dealers.
    http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=dealersub

ETA: I wish they would break out the bass gear dealers separately. I can't tell whether the nearest dealers to me have the bass gear vs. the acoustic guitar amps , etc.

17. Handyman

Handyman

Sep 4, 2007
    Austin, TX
    As the owner of used GB gear purchased who knows where by the previous owner, I'm very curious about this.

One would think if an item's date of manufacture puts it inside the warranty period that they should honor it.

18. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    My Used GBE 600 was a gift from parts unknown, Ionly had one issue with it, and While it wasn't covered by a warranty, the support I have received form GB was exemplary. They seem to stand behind their gear.

19. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    don't worry. If you buy it from Amazon or even a Martian, we will honor the warranty. If we built it, we will back it.

20. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Hey Searchfunction, you might wanna PM Hasbeen as get a contact so that you can get everything registered.

Hasbeen, This is why I play Genz heads EXCLUSIVELY!!! You guys are top notch!