Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Genz Benz--What's the Buzz??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by R Briere, Feb 12, 2005.

1. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours

In spite of the fact that I've been a devoted "Tubie", I'm really enjoying the Genz Benz gear. My Neo400 has me re-thinking the possibility that a SS amp IS capable of sounding the way I need it to and and I'm wondering if there are any other devoted GB fans out there? :) My Sunn 1200 is now on the market--soon to be replaced by the Genz 1200 and their 6x10 cab. I think we have a winner here folks. :hyper:

2. I have the 610 XB2 and I feel very confident in saying that you're going to love it. It's heavy but surprisingly easy to manuever and the soud more than makes up for any struggle you might have.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I recently purchased a GB Series 2 amp. First time I have owned anything from GB. I really, really like this amp. It sounds great! Warm tone, and also bright. I can get the tones I want from it, no problem. I would like to upgrade to a bigger GB soon. Simple to use, and the GB customer service is great. I e-mailed them, and got a nice e-mail back from Jeff Genzler. He is the founder, and builder of the company.

-Mike

4. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    I have a Genz LS410 and I really like it. It's not heavy, has enough low end and good mids and highs. And I got it brand new for free.

5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    my dealer started carrying GB a while ago. i was very skeptical but after messing with them i was impressed. definitely great for the money and sound good. i really dug the 600 head quite a bit. as far as tube vs ss goes, don't get all hyped about what's in the preamp, just pay attention to how it sounds. no one's going to knock neve, (and all the neve knockoffs like api), thunderfunk, or the avalon U5, (to name a few) and those are all solid state preamps.

6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    I've been using my GB Series 2 head thru an older 210XB cab for a couple of years. I have no complaints about the sound or reliablity of either.

7. shotgun GBE1200!! im excited.