1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

genz benz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lowend4string, May 3, 2004.

1. Lowend4string

Lowend4string

Apr 15, 2004
    Looking for any info about genz benz bass heads and cabs.
    I'm thinking about the 2x12 cab or a pair of single 12's . The appeal of the new light weight enclosures is very attractive. The heads I'm looking at are the 400 and 600's. I've played the 400. Also I was wondering if I could take a gk rb1001
    and hook it to the genz benz cabs. I would really apreaciate any help. Thanks guy's

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I've only used the XB-2 cabs and top of the line heads --- using other players' gear so that we could come onstage after the other bands without the headache of set-up time for our gear.

I was thoroughly impressed by the G-B XB cabs and larger heads. To me, they are one of the best values on the market.......even though I have never owned any of the G-B gear.

I just know that when I've played through the XB-2 cabs and G-B heads, I don't have to worry about very good, undistorted, bass response at higher volumes. If I didn't get nice deals on the gear I currently own, I'd sure be looking at G-B's.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Just got my new Genz Benz 610-XB2 this weekend and it rules all with my friends Firebass head. Very tight, punchy, and slightly colorful. I'm getting a GBE 600 head to go with it at the end of this month. Its gonna be great. The 1001RB though the Genz cabs would be a great combo.

~Patrick