Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

genz benz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lowend4string, May 3, 2004.

1. Lowend4string

Lowend4string

Apr 15, 2004
    Looking for any info about genz benz bass heads and cabs.
    I'm thinking about the 2x12 cab or a pair of single 12's . The appeal of the new light weight enclosures is very attractive. The heads I'm looking at are the 400 and 600's. I've played the 400. Also I was wondering if I could take a gk rb1001
    and hook it to the genz benz cabs. I would really apreaciate any help. Thanks guy's

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I've only used the XB-2 cabs and top of the line heads --- using other players' gear so that we could come onstage after the other bands without the headache of set-up time for our gear.

I was thoroughly impressed by the G-B XB cabs and larger heads. To me, they are one of the best values on the market.......even though I have never owned any of the G-B gear.

I just know that when I've played through the XB-2 cabs and G-B heads, I don't have to worry about very good, undistorted, bass response at higher volumes. If I didn't get nice deals on the gear I currently own, I'd sure be looking at G-B's.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Just got my new Genz Benz 610-XB2 this weekend and it rules all with my friends Firebass head. Very tight, punchy, and slightly colorful. I'm getting a GBE 600 head to go with it at the end of this month. Its gonna be great. The 1001RB though the Genz cabs would be a great combo.

~Patrick