Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

genz-benz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CQBASS, Jul 2, 2005.

1. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    I have an opportunity to get a genz 210t for $200. Any thoughts? I haven't played through one and won't have a chance to use it before I buy. Just looking for opinions on this cab. I'm using an Iamp 500.

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    From what experience I have with Genz cabs, I find that they are very good sounding. If I had to compare the cabs in sound to anything, I think it sounded pretty similar to SWR. This is their 610 mind you.

3. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I have a 210t-xb. I love it...I think its a great cab. for $200 thats a sweet deal.

4. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Genz-Benz stuff is killer. I have an older 210 combo that is awesome. I'd do it, as long as it's in good shape.

5. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Is it the Live Series or XB (eXtended Bass0/XB2 series?

The Live Series has a killer tone for fingerstyle, I love mine. I paid $200 new though, so this may not be the one you're looking at (if you're looking at it used). The voicing was described to me as, "A more classical voicing," if that helps you.

The XB series is supposed to be great as well and voiced more "flat," with good low-end respone.

6. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I used to have a 210t/410t setup that sounded great together. As I was changing cabs, however, I played a few gigs with the 210t alone and struggled to get the volume I needed without distorting the cab. $200 is a fair price for that cab in good condition. JM2C.

7. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    [​IMG]
    I picked this rig up used and I really like it. the 210 is loud, clear, and has great low-end response. I use the 15 w/ it all the time though. Because the 2x10 just isn't enough for the band im in now (We're extremely loud).

8. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Yeah I primarily play bluegrass/jazz with acoustic players, so I think the 210 would be enough. I have an acme B-4 which I love, I just can't justify dragging it out for acoustic gigs. Talk about overkill, dig? I guess I should've mentioned I only play 5 string. Some 2x10s can handle the B alright as long as everythings not cranked. Any thoughts on the genz ability on the B string? Thanks again.

9. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I play a 4, but in the metal band i'm in we tune to C and It handles it with no problems. :)