Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ibanezist, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Ibanezist

Mar 24, 2002
    Has anybody had any experience with a Genz-Benz?
  2. azbass

Mar 23, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    I played through their 200w@ 8 ohms amp last week at a music store. The cabinet was a Bergantino 1-15. It wasn't bad, but for that kind of power for $309, I thought it was pretty good.
  3. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Hi again,

I just replied to your other post. Anyway, I don't know whether you mean the cabs or the electronics they make. I have the 410XB cab. It's the better 4 x 10 with the vent ports underneath. Very, Very nice cab for the money. A little bit larger than the average 4/10. It has a good transferrable warrany and so far (1.5 years) it's held up great. These cabinets seem to like a lot of juice so keep that in mind. All in all, as good a cab (for less money) than any SWR, much better than the Hartke crap and holds it's own against some of the upper shelf stuff.

The 2/10 isn't bad either.

Good luck.
  4. finn74

Nov 28, 2001
    I've tried the 2-10 bottom ported, sounded great. nice full lows and lots of snap too. Seem like a solid well built cab. I have the option of using the Genz-Benz or a SWR Triad. After trying them both I go with the GB everytime.
  5. Blux

Feb 5, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    I have the 2x10 XB (used, very used according to the look of the coils). The sound is as good as the Aguilar 2x10 (another favorite). The level control on the back changes the sound to make it a nice companion to any additional cab. And the price made it a real deal. My more knowledgeable friends are as impressed as I was. I bought it without hearing it, so it was a great surprise for me.
  6. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    To finn74: I owned the Triad between the Genz and a Hartke 4.5XL. I bought the SWR without hearing it. I thought it would be the perfect combination. A 15", 10" and a tweet. But, it fell way short. Just didn't move me at all. Sold it in a week. It was built real well. How do I know? Well, never ship a ported cabinet with packing peanuts!

7. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Run a search in this forum. Somone had a bad experience with their service department. I have a Series II amp and think that it is a good amp for the money, although I wish it had more EQ ability.
  8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I've got two Genz Benz standard series cabs. I love them but I want some of the XB2 series cabs!
  9. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I've got two GB amps - a ML-112T (older 135W 1x12 w/tweeter) and ML200-112T (newer 200W 1x12 w/tweeter). I've been very happy with them - the first one was my first amp and after several years of exclusive use I bought the second one.

I use them either as a "stack", individually, one for me & one for the drummer, as powered PA monitors, etc. They work well for all of these applications. I am starting to crave the sound of a a 15 and will be looking at GB first.