genz benz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, Nov 21, 2000.

1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    anyone use genzbenz cabs? if so what model.. what do u think about it, and what did u pay for it and where!?! ive been considering oen of these cabs.. and want to know places who ahve them and what u all think of them.. please
  2. 4String_Ninja

Aug 14, 2000
    I have a 610xb and its GREAT! I only paid $650 for it but I got at wholesale price from a friend. The actual retail of it is $1100. But what a BANG for the BUCK! Definatly worth looking into.

3. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    could u hook me up through your friend?!?!@?!?!

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I have the 112T cab (1-12" plus piezo tweeter). It cost me $175 used (new they sell for about $250 maybe).

Decent sound, a little blurry in the lows compared to more expensive boxes. Relatively smooth mids. The box itself is made out of light material, this aint no baltic birch cabinet for sure! That makes it easy to haul around but probably contributes to the blurry lows.

Overall, a decent cabinet worth considering if you're on a budget and can't afford the "big boys" that cost 2 or 3 times as much.

Since I got mine used privately I have no idea who sells them, contact the company I'm sure they can hook you up with a local dealer.
  5. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    I have been using a GB 2-12 for close to a year now. I have mixed feelings about the cab.
    The cab is loud as a mofo (103db sensitivity). This is one of the main reasons I bought the cab
    Price was about $450, which is pretty good.
    Tone is pretty nice. I've been spoiled by my Bag End so I don't dig the tone of the GB as much as I used to.

The only problem I have had with the cab is that the crossover to the horn fell apart, so I would question their roadworthyness. I fixed the horn once and it fell apart again, so I just took out the crossover and disconnected the horn. Others here on TB have mentioned their crossover falling apart, so I'm not sure if I would get a GB that has a horn. Since I play reggae with flatwound strings, the horn is not missed.

I still use the cab regularly when gigging. It is loud as hell and I can push it without worrying about blowing it. I like to use my Bag End when I want pristine tone in a low volume situation.
  6. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    thanks for the replies! ive been looking into a nemesis 810... its 105 db.. is that good?
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It's a number. There's a lot more to consider than just that:D
  8. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    ive alrerady considered the other.. just wondering since it was 105 db if it would be better than a 103 db
  9. Dave S...

Dave S...

Oct 13, 2000
    Ask your back, I suppose!!!!

The extra efficiency might be nicer on paper...I'm sure that an 8x10 Nemises would sound absolutely KILLER, but would you want to haul it upstairs and such?

I've played through a standard Genz Benz 4x10 with horn ( not the extended bass version...) and found it to be nice, loud, and fairly smooth for a street price of under $500. I wasn't crazy about the 'pocket' style handles, but it was a GOOD sounding cab for easy bucks. Have no input on crosssover durability...don't know.

Best Wishes
  10. that Nemesis 8x10 is an amazing 100lbs! not much a back strain there =) and with 105db sensitivity.. it's worth it!

Now to just pass some time until I get my GB212txb =)

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmmmmm ... bizarre. That 100-pound Nemesis 810 has GOT to be a typo. I looked at the site, and it indeed says 100 pounds, but shoot, my Eden 410 weighs 98 pounds. Eden's D-810XLT weighs 200 pounds. Maybe the Nemesis has aluminum magnets, magnesium baskets, and a balsa-wood cabinet.
  12. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    the magnets are 32 ounce eden speakers, the cab is a composite.. which is why i think its so light.. because you dont have the wood weight...