Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GENZ BENZ

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Aug 30, 2003.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Genz Benz is now distributed in italy.

So i downloaded all the manuals of the products i'd like to check out

i would appreciate if GENZ BENZ users could help me with this new to me brand.

[​IMG]

i am really interested in the heads GBE 600 and GBE 400 and in the cabinets LS 210T and LS 112T

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

comments on other GENZ BENZ products are welcome too.

done a search here on TB but i found that these products are not really much discussed here.

2. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Hey Barroso,

I had 2 Genz Benz combos - a ML12T (135W 1x12+tweeter tiltback) and a ML200-112T (200W 1x12+tweeter tiltback). I liked them both but sold them this year to move to a separates rig.

I found them well constructed and the provided a good, clean tone. I'd definitely call the newer one more modern (it had a lot more eq options) while the older was a bit more "vintage"-ey.

Unfortunately my local dealer is a small local shop that primarily sells acoustic guitars so while I get a pretty decent deal on anything he orders for me he doesn't have any of the bass stuff (the 1x12 cabinets, the heads) for me to try out.

3. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Every Genz Benz cab I've heard in person or played through has sounded really good, very bassy and fat with a slight hi-mid cut.

I've never heard or used their heads.

4. Rope

Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    I have a mini-stack consisting of a GBE 500H head and two LS112T cabinets. They are of excellent quality. I am really pleased with the tone and the versatility of this set up. I don't think yo can go wrong with this equipment.

5. Skian88

Skian88

Oct 14, 2003
    USA maine
    I am interested in the genz benz GBE 600 and those cabs. Tell me what you decided to buy and how it sounds.

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    You will not be dissapointed by them. They're the most versatile amps I've ever tried. If I wasn't aiming for a GK endorsement one day :p, I'd have an all Genz rig. Plus they're really really loud for the amount of power.

~Patrick

7. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    i havent used the models youre considering, but ive had great success with my 610T-XB2 cab. It's very well constructed, sounds fantastic, was less expensive than ampeg or SWR, and very loud for the power I put into it.

I've never used their heads, but I don't think I'll ever change cabs. Very Good Stuff IME.

8. I can't say too much, but I've played through two different Genz Benz cabs and they were wonderful.. The 4x10 I used sounded very punchy yet smooth.. I loved it. I wish they were available locally, but that's not the case.

9. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    i havent used the models youre considering, but ive had great success with my 610T-XB2 cab. It's very well constructed, sounds fantastic, was less expensive than ampeg or SWR, and very loud for the power I put into it.

I've never used their heads, but I don't think I'll ever change cabs. Very Good Stuff IME.