1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genz NEOX-212T "410 Killer"?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by creis2, Jul 17, 2012.

1. creis2

creis2

Nov 11, 2011
    Cambridge, MA
    I'm sure some people will agree with me, finding a 410 that's easy to transport is a pain.

I've owned several 212's, 610's and 810's, but never found a 410 I like, probably never will.

I have a bunch of cabinets, but I'm missing my middle ground cabinet.

I know Genz is very up to date when it comes to technology, and cabs are becoming lighter, smaller and more efficient.

The weight and dimensions of this thing are perfect, but how does it compare with 410's?

2. Depends on the sound/tone you're going for, but most here will agree Genz's NeoX212T cab is a "410 killer". I own one myself, and has a nice sound and volume for 5'ers too. I run a Shuttle 9.0 into it with my Warmoth Gecko 5, and it sings in a nice jam band. It's all I will ever need for this gig, or smaller. I would recommend going bigger if you play hard rock/heavy metal though.

3. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    I love the two I own, but I'm actually thinking of making the transaction to a 4x10.

4. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Definitely as much lows and low mids as any 4x10 out there. Projects really well too. Also the easiest transport of any gig-able single cab i've ever used.

5. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    One of my favorite commercial built cabs. Yeah, it'll do everything a 410 can do, plus get the speakers aligned right and is easier to move around.

Doesn't have sub/dub lows or searing highs, bit has everything important to a bass and sounds good doing it. Shines in a band mix, where you need a little articulation to be heard/present in the mix instead of just using brute force and crowding out other instruments, although it can go plenty bassy/loud if you want that.

6. creis2

creis2

Nov 11, 2011
    Cambridge, MA
    My main gigging amp is a LDS 610, but it's very large.

My tone is pretty mid focused and I play through warm amps with vintage P basses. In my current band, the guitars go through two (one each) Fender 410 deville 60 watt tubes. We are kind of loud, but not very loud.

Just looking to bridge a gap between a 210 and my 610.