1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Shuttle 6.0 - Best Cabinet Connection Setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DarkIndigo, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Genz Shuttle 6.0
    TC Electronic RS210 cabinet
    TC Electronic RS210 cabinet
    Speakon-Speakon cable
    Speakon-Speakon cable

Which would you suggest to be the best connection path for optimal power and sound?

A:
    Shuttle out #1 --> speakon #1 --> TC RS210 #1 --> speakon #2 --> TC RS210 #2

or

B:
    Shuttle out #1 --> speakon #1 --> TC RS210 #1
    Shuttle out #2 --> speakon #2 --> TC RS210 #2

Was trying to do research before posting this, but I'm not quite sure if it's described as serial/parallel or daisy-chaining. Forgive my naivety, or redundant posting. I'm still on the path of bass knowledge!

Many thanks in advance,

DI

2. Running two cabs out of two outputs of an amp, or running two cabs daisy chained out of one output of an amp are identical.

Both ways are parallel, and will result in 4ohms with your example.

So, your choice. On a tall stack like that with a little micro head, I prefer one cable from the amp and then daisy chaining the cabs... results in the need for two short cables of the same length, and you don't have more speakon hardware than the weight of the amp hanging off the back of those little boxes! Pure IMO there.

3. If you connect amp to speaker and amp to speaker you get the most out of your amp. The difference will be undetectable. Ken's advice is sound.

Paul

4. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    +1...

5. Thanks very much for the insights, brothers. I'll act accordingly.

Keep rumblin'...

DI

6. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I always use up all the outputs on my head before I bother daisychaining - just a habit I developed after using lots of cheap cabs that had bad inputs or 1/4" jacks that had fallen in. :)