1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genz Shuttle 6.0 ......itty bitty lil Screws

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Frankjohnson, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Ok - thought I blew a speaker......bad farting buzzzy noise......

Turned out that I lost a couple of small screws from the bottom of the Head case, which was mounted in the 12T bracket. I didn't realize this until I replaced the speaker and got it all back together.

I know I probably need to take a pic, but where Can I get THOSE little screws?
    @agedhorse you are wise.....can you help me with this one?

I temporarily put some cardboard under the circuit board for support and am using it until I get the parts, or have to hot glue, heli-arc or get a Hilti.....

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    I can send you some, but can you take a picture of which screws you are needing?

Hope you saved the old speaker, now you have a back-up. Note that the cabinet is fairly dependent on the factory speaker to get proper performance, so if you didn't use the original part for replacement, you might want to reinstall your old driver.

3. I will take pics as soon as I can - I honestly believe that the vibration/buzz was the board in the amp case. Glad I figured that part out quickly. the speaker is in a safe place - and might not actually be comprimised......I didn't realize that until after I had the delta LF in the cab and tried it - got the same result. I saw the faital at avatar - is that the same or close as original? Faital Neo 12PR300 – Avatar Speakers If it is - I may get one to have on hand - I LOVE this rig. I use it everywhere - and feed it in to the PA when needed.

4. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    IMO the Delta LF is a horrible choice, the mid voicing is not articulate, has a dark, sluggy dead feeling. The Faital would be much closer as that is what was used in the Stl-2 cabinets.

5. As much as I appreciate and respect your guidance, I had a delta LF on hand, and a gig the next day. that said, and believing at the time that the original was spent, can you understand why I installed it?

I have friday and saturday gigs, and will re-check the faital after, and get the pics also - I genuinely appreciate the help. If the Faital is good, I may snag one of the faitals also from avatar in the event that the original does go south.

Oh btw - a HUGE weight difference on the cab too - which I expected.
    Thanks much

6. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    I was just noting my experience with that driver. It sounds nothing like the original voicing (mid voicing) at all and is likely to be very poorly tuned for low end performance which could result in much lower power handling then it's published rating along with poor low end extension.

The Faital would be night and day better then the delta 12LF, no comparison.

Frankjohnson likes this.
  7. you sir are exactly correct! I loved the sound of this rig - which is why I bought it. It absolutely served its purpose last two gigs, but is much more bottom heavy, and I really had to goose the mids which I seldom do!

8. @agedhorse - thanks for your help PM to you - and will re-check the original Faital this weekend - and order a spare - JIC

agedhorse likes this.