1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz STL 112-T/ STL-2-12T stack - new & old mix?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 9mmMike, Feb 27, 2013.

1. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

I have an "old style" Genz 6.0 12-t combo. The new 6.2 combo's have, what is reported to be, a nicer cab (the STL-2-12T) with a little more bottom-end among other things.

Question: Would one of the new-style cabs be a good extension for the older-style? Besides aesthetics, is this a good or bad idea? Would it be better to sell the 6.0 combo and get a 6.2 with the extension?

All opinions welcome.

Mike

2. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    The tuning and phase response between the new and old Shuttle cabinet is very, very close. There is no problem mixing the two. The cabinets are identically sized. The newer cabinet uses a driver with slightly better properties for LF extension in that size box... the difference is noticeable (mostly with the LF Boost/extension filter engaged) but certainly not night and day.

3. 9mmMike

Thanks!

4. 9mmMike

OK. Tracking down a second 12T (new style or old) is not working out but I did find a NX2-112T. Can anyone advise if this would be a good combination?
    For one thing, it is front ported which may make it an odd combination but I really don't know.....