1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genzler vs. Puma?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joebone, Feb 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    So I've considered the TecAmp Pumas to be the best of the Class D amps, at least for my interests and purposes. And call me retro, but even as good as the Pumas are, I've been shading back into Class A/B because it seems like the notes have more dimension and attack integrity.

But this week I got a chance to hear the new Genzler amp head, through the Genzler 1-12" cabinet with a 3x3" line array, and I was very, very impressed. Solo bass only, but really nice.

Is there anyone out there that has experience with both of these heads? Care to share?

2. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    When I need to sound bigger I just use my BBE Sonic maximizer stomp pedal. I bought it used but in mint condition from another TB member for only $49.00 :)

3. No experience with the new Genzler amp here, I'd love to try it out though. Unfortunately, I strongly assume it'll be pretty expensive when it hits the streets here in the old world.
    Played the Puma 900 for a year and really tried to like it, but couldn't. That glassy, open and super transparent tone is/was just not my cup of tea.
    IMO, it has a fantastic slap sound and is definitely a great amp for players who like it "über modern." Its super clean tone has some charm, but for my tone goals the lack of body especially in the mids/low mids (I like a slight Jaco mid/Gary Willis low mid bump) didn't do it for me.

Hotblack and 5StringPocket like this.
  4. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    About 820- Euro from Genzler Bass Amplification Magellan, bass array, 700w amplifier: For sale, UK :: Bassdirect, on offer:: Bass Amplifiers;